Ground blind

Blackston

Watched birds fly down in a pasture, almost exactly were they did last year . Trees ain’t mine so the question is if I set a ground blind for me and Little man this afternoon will it bother em for next Saturday morning? I’ve never blind hunted for turkeys but thought it would help little man

Gator89

Set it up ahead of time if you can and it should work really well.

But I have set them up and killed birds the same morning.

deast1988

You can walk out there in the dark morning of, and place it with decoys right by it. I’m talking dead dark, no blue sky or shadows a good 2 hours early. They’ll pay it no attention. Now if they stay in the field and you need to leave before they commit. You could spook em bad that way.

Only thing they don’t like, is if a bunch of deer come in and start blowing and stomping and stuff.

There’s some old primos footage in Kansas and Iowa. Middle of a giant field just chilling in a blind turkeys walking right by.

slow motion

No personal experience but seems I've read @antharper has done some blind hunting for turkeys when his daughter was young. Perhaps he can offer some insight.

Blackston

It’s set !!! Aint a tree on the side I hunt so it feels mid westish ( small scrub trees on the ditches ) …. But was watching 3 birds strut on other end when leaving….. Maybe little Blackston get lucky ….. He’s got a horseshoe !!!F5C6D946-AFD1-467C-9EDF-A7A6406AD320.jpeg9A4D42A4-CDD2-40CA-991E-4E0128F64F11.jpeg

1982ace

like said before the blind won’t bother them, if you are using a decoy don’t be scared to put it close to blind. Also blind placement is key, u stated u saw where they’re flying down to so that’s good but try to see where they’re going when they hit the dirt so you can get in range. Good luck!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Yes sir , I usually try to blend it in a little but not sure it matters . But they sure help with a kid and even an old fat dad when he needs a break or a nap. My daughter killed several out of one when she was younger , but I had it set up on a Chufa patch and just left it there . Most importantly was the talks and the bonding . IMG_5112.jpegIMG_5114.jpegIMG_5115.jpeg

Swamprat

Swamprat
Not sure why but you can throw a blind up and turkeys could care less but you are nestled into a 36" cypress or oak and they pick you off from 50 yards away.....maybe not so much pick you off but they know something does not look right,

Seems like the bigger things they don't worry about but the smaller detail in their normal travels they pick up on.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Toss it up that morning, blend it in if you have time, if not, no worries. Love it in the rain, plus let's kids and me move.

Good luck

BASS1FUN

It shouldn’t hurt, I use them in Kansas even though they’re set up on a field edge ( not brushed in) it doesn’t bother the turkeys, I’ve seen other peoples blinds out in the middle of nowhere and turkeys close by

Last edited:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Watched birds fly down in a pasture, almost exactly were they did last year . Trees ain’t mine so the question is if I set a ground blind for me and Little man this afternoon will it bother em for next Saturday morning? I’ve never blind hunted for turkeys but thought it would help little man
I watched a bunch of turkeys from my blind I set up the day before….go for it!