Haralson County

EDH

Hunted a new lease opening morning. Saw one doe easing along sucking up muscadines as she made her way through the select cut. Are there any other Haralson County hunters that made it in the woods this weekend? When is the rut around here? I’m in the southern part close to the Alabama line.

Mac

Rut is usually hard to tell, but mid to late November.

Reactions: EDH

EDH

How’s everyone’s season going so far? I’ve seen a few does and small bucks. Going to try it again this morning before it gets to hot.

hikingthehills

How’s everyone’s season going so far? I’ve seen a few does and small bucks. Going to try it again this morning before it gets to hot.
I've been covered up with doe's and smaller bucks so far this year. I know there's a stud in there but he's been elusive. He was a really nice 10 last year so I'm curious to see what he's turn into. According to my neighbor a guy hunting at the end of my road had him on camera recently and as the crow flies it probably 300 yards from my property to the back of his. I'm busy feeding all the doe's so he should be paying me a visit soon. :yeah:

EDH

I didn’t get to go today. My son went and saw a doe and a spike. Hopefully it’s the same pair I saw when I shot the doe that we couldn’t find. Hoping to get to go tomorrow.

EDH

It was an 0fer for me this weekend. My son saw deer on every sit and decided to take a doe this morning. I still haven’t seen any rubs or scrapes on our property yet.

EDH

I saw 2 small bucks cruising yesterday. Heard a deer bleat last night and then some chasing after that. Too dark to see by that time. My son saw 9 yesterday morning with some small bucks harassing a doe. He said he saw one good one with his nose to the ground trailing a doe.