Harmonizing the new testament with the old testament

gordon 2

I thought the apostles did a good job of harmonizing the New with the Old in Acts 15.

"We have heard that some went out from us without our authorization and disturbed you, troubling your minds by what they said.

Amen.

jwf2506

Especially Acts 15:20 where he tells them 4 things they should do which is from the law of Moses probably because they were .struggling with these particular things. then in verse 21 they could learn the rest of the law by going to the synagogue. Then verses 28-29 the message was delivered also saying they didn't want to give them to much at one time to learn but they was to start with these 4 things and then learn the rest from the teaching of Moses in the synagogue.
Beautiful isn't it.

Last edited:

jwf2506

Gordon

Do you know who the "us" are and what they were saying that was disturbing and troubling people's minds in this one verse or was that supposed to be twisted to mean that I am troubling people's minds ?

Last edited:

brutally honest

At what point did I read my beliefs into theses scriptures?

In between the “especially” and the “it”.

Especially Acts 15:20 where he tells them 4 things they should do which is from the law of Moses probably because they were .struggling with these particular things. then in verse 21 they could learn the rest of the law by going to the synagogue. Then verses 28-29 the message was delivered also saying they didn't want to give them to much at one time to learn but they was to start with these 4 things and then learn the rest from the teaching of Moses in the synagogue.
Beautiful isn't it.

brutally honest

At what point did I read my beliefs into theses scriptures?

Let's cut to the chase.

1) A man walks into your church and says, "What must I do to be saved?"

2) The man is not circumcised.

Would you tell him he needs to be circumcised as the Law of Moses commands?

jwf2506

Being circumcised will not save a person there is only one way to be saved and that is to believe in the messiah,be baptized and follow the commandments of Yahweh to the best of our ability and when we fall short as we all will then we are to repent and be thankful that we have an advocate with the father. So now since we are cutting to the chase let me ask you this we know the Apostles and Paul as well as others walked along side of Yeshua, yet long after the messiah was gone how come did they everyone continue to follow the law of Moses, if it was done away with ?

Last edited:

jwf2506

In between the “especially” and the “it”.
so your saying that the 4 things the Apostles told the gentiles was not from the law of Moses, and that the writings of Moses wasn't taught in the synagogue every sabbath for people to learn from ?
These things are not my beliefs they are the infallible words of Yahweh.

Last edited:

jwf2506

I did not start this thread to argue I was just sharing some teachings of a well studied gentleman of the scriptures that help me tremendously with harmonizing the renewed covenant with the first covenant

brutally honest

I did not start this thread to argue I was just sharing some teachings of a well studied gentleman of the scriptures that help me tremendously with harmonizing the renewed covenant with the first covenant

... and I'm not even that interested in the topic, but you seemed desperate to discuss it. I just didn't want you to feel ignored. :)

FYI again: most of the "discussion" goes on one forum above. Not sure why that is, but this forum seems to literally be a bulletin board: people post things, but there is little discussion.

brutally honest

That's fine, and you're probably not alone in your beliefs. Welcome aboard!

jwf2506

... but that was not my question. I will clarify. Would you tell him he needs to be circumcised NOT to be saved but to follow the Law of Moses?
If you are asking should you be circumcised to follow the law of Moses , when Judas and Silas told them the 4 things they should start with they did not tell them to first be circumcised.

jwf2506

... and I'm not even that interested in the topic, but you seemed desperate to discuss it. I just didn't want you to feel ignored. :)

FYI again: most of the "discussion" goes on one forum above. Not sure why that is, but this forum seems to literally be a bulletin board: people post things, but there is little discussion.
I do love talking about Yahweh's word and I figured you wasn't really interested by the way you didn't respond to how converting gentiles was told to do things from the law of Moses. Discussion is good as long as no one gets upset . And thank you for not wanting me to feel ignored :)

Madman

Gordon

Do you know who the "us" are and what they were saying that was disturbing and troubling people's minds in this one verse or was that supposed to be twisted to mean that I am troubling people's minds ?
The “us” were the Apostles, some people, the “judaizers” were teaching that gentiles must first follow Mosaic law by being circumcised. The Jerusalem Council struck that down.

Latest posts