Has anybody been trout or red fishing around St Simmons?

chambers270

Everyone I have talked with says they are catching a pile of trout right now in the Golden Isles area.

I am planning on trying my new boat out this weekend.
Hopefully I will get to go Saturday and have something to talk about.

Chris

volguy

trout

don't know about a pile, but there are a few being caught. check out the post over on the freshwater board that was started before they got the salt board up and running. it is titled coatal ga report.

fishdog

tides

Check the tides and the moon, when the tides get high stay home. The water gets muddy and the fishing slow.

RGibbs

FIshed South Brunswick river Monday and caught 20 to 30 trout. Only had 10 keepers. Fished the Satilla around Dover Tuesday caught around 30 had 15 keepers and one Red. Wednesday I just went boat riding and fished a bunch of different places trying to find some bigger fish. caught about 20 all but one was too short. Did find the DNR and got checked out.

rip18

Talked to a fellow that lives on St. Simons this afternoon. He went out a couple of times this week & did pretty good - but I didn't ask where...

chambers270

FIshed South Brunswick river Monday and caught 20 to 30 trout. Only had 10 keepers. Fished the Satilla around Dover Tuesday caught around 30 had 15 keepers and one Red. Wednesday I just went boat riding and fished a bunch of different places trying to find some bigger fish. caught about 20 all but one was too short. Did find the DNR and got checked out.

I went there Thursday, but we just caught whiting, not the first trout.

Latest posts