Have I heard on here that you can carry open in public without a permit?

GunnSmokeer

Georgia Weapons Laws Booklet

There IS a lot of misinformation about gun laws "out there" both in the internet and at gun stores, and even among some law enforcement officers, if you catch them unprepared and ask them a question about weapons laws without giving them a chance to look it up in one of those criminal law and traffic manuals / booklets they carry.

This year, in April, a couple of longtime GON Forum members (A lawyer, and a firearms instructor) --who have had articles published in the GON magazine before, as recently as the July 2014 issue--- came out with a 150-page booklet on the subject of Georgia gun (and weapon) laws and self-defense laws.
This booklet is intended for anybody who has a gun for home defense, and anybody who carries or transports guns in their vehicles, whether or not you have a carry permit and carry "in public" away from your home, your land, your vehicle, your place of business, or the fields you're hunting.

This book is now in its SECOND EDITION, putting all the many changes that came with the enactment of HB-60 (the Safe Carry Protection Act) into the several Code sections that were amended by this law effective July 1, 2014.

SecondEditionCoverJPG_zps2fed2ee4.jpg

Just F.Y.I. The book is available at a dozen gun stores in the metro Atlanta area, and should later be available at most of the dozens of gun stores across Georgia that carried the First Edition. It's available from the publisher's website, www.UrbanSurvivalCenter.net, and from the GeorgiaCarry.Org online store (it's just about impossible to find without the actual link, though. PM me if you want the link for the GCO store purchase option).

groundhawg

Well our rights are being removed at a far greater rate than the rights being returned. Come to think of it, I only see rights being removed. I guess we should wait till they have all of our guns and we can throw rocks and poke at them with sticks.

Sorry, I am derailing the thread. Rant over.

Where were you last year when the newest gun/carry laws were passed. Sure, I agree that they never should have been taken away but Georgia Carry. ORG and others have done much in the last 5 years to improve our rights.

Latest posts