hot sauce to taste
3 or 4 bay leaves
salt and pepper to taste

1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes-drained
1 can Rotell
1 8 ounce can tomato sauce
1 6 ounce can tomato paste
16 ounces of water

Fry the first 5 ingredients in the lard till onion is clear. Drain and set aside.
Brown meat in big post and drain well.

Add all ingredients together in big pot and simmer for a minimum of 4 hours. The longer the simmer, the better it gets.
How do you roast a bell pepper? Gonna try this in a few days and I've got no clue.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
How do you roast a bell pepper? Gonna try this in a few days and I've got no clue.
A few different ways.

Nicodemus

Old and Ornery
Staff member

I just fire up my fish cooker burner and grab the pepper with tongs and hold it just over the fire, turning it as it turns black. Doesn`t take but seconds. After I have it charred all over I drop it in a brown paper bag, twist the top shut, and let it steam for 2 or 3 minutes. Then I wash and scrape the char off, cut the stem off, remove the seeds, and cut it up ready to use.

This works with any time pepper and is really good with jalapenos and poblanos. Charring brings out the flavor in all pepper types.

slow motion

I just fire up my fish cooker burner and grab the pepper with tongs and hold it just over the fire, turning it as it turns black. Doesn`t take but seconds. After I have it charred all over I drop it in a brown paper bag, twist the top shut, and let it steam for 2 or 3 minutes. Then I wash and scrape the char off, cut the stem off, remove the seeds, and cut it up ready to use.

This works with any time pepper and is really good with jalapenos and poblanos. Charring brings out the flavor in all pepper types.
Thanks Nic.