LETS POLL IT! Have you ever had a Bigfoot “type” encounter?

Do you believe in Bigfoot?

• It’s possible, but unlikely

• Impossible

• Maybe in the Pacific NW

• No Doubt, I've had or know someone I believe had an encounter

• Too much evidence to deny so yes

Results are only viewable after voting.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Jeff Meldrum has pretty good credentials and seems to know what he is talking about. I’m sure y’all would call him a liar too, but I would be hesitant to do so. Here is your zero evidence, do with it what you will.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Out of curiosity and since the speaker was a scientist, I listened to the first few minutes of the presentation above. Near the beginning he said this (the emphasis is mine):

The convention of scientific classification of animal species depends upon the possession of a type specimen. A physical specimen that establishes A set of diagnostic characteristics that distinguishes that particular species. In the absence of that there really is no basis for scientific acknowledgment of the existence of a creature we simply have anecdote, innuendo, and and suggestive evidence.
I didn't see much reason to listen further. You see the title on the video states that:
THE SCIENTIFIC EVIDENCE IS HUGE(the emphasis is not mine).
I just can't get past the contradiction.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I don’t, but I believe in general people are good. I hate to live in a world where I truly believed everyone was a bad person. Not everyone is a liar. I know this world is filled with bad folks, but Id Bet one of them is truthful……and it just takes one.

Actually there are lots of photos and videos…..still on the fence about the ET side of it :bounce: keep turning your nose at the evidence, but there is too much for it all to be fake.

Just one skeleton. Or in the Himalayas, maybe a carcass.

I got curious and watched a couple of episodes of some dingbats looking for those things in Alaska. How come they do so much looking at night? And they call themselves slipping through the wilderness areas quietly? Those folks are not woodsmen. No doubt that.

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
I don’t, but I believe in general people are good. I hate to live in a world where I truly believed everyone was a bad person. Not everyone is a liar. I know this world is filled with bad folks, but Id Bet one of them is truthful……and it just takes one.

Actually there are lots of photos and videos…..still on the fence about the ET side of it :bounce: keep turning your nose at the evidence, but there is too much for it all to be fake.
Well I won’t turn this into a theology discussion but the Bible is clear that no people are not basically good. Most are capable of good but it’s not their default position.

Beyond that, I don’t think everybody is a liar. But if somebody is going to claim something wild I’m not going to just take their word for it and the fact that they make such a claim makes me suspicious of them. Maybe that makes me mean but to me it just means I’m not naive.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Out of curiosity and since the speaker was a scientist, I listened to the first few minutes of the presentation above. Near the beginning he said this (the emphasis is mine):

I didn't see much reason to listen further. You see the title on the video states that:

I just can't get past the contradiction.
That one is simple and he says why. The ONLY way to acknowledge its existence is to have a specimen……body on a slab so to speak. Until then, it’s all anecdotal. But watch on and you’ll see how overwhelming that annectodal evidence is. And a whole lot more in this short clip. For example the patty film is a video. But there is a trackway with castings to go along with it. There are castings that show dermal ridges(think fingerprints on your foot) and slight toe variations in the same trackway. Tough to do that with a wooden slab tied to your shoes. With 6’ strides in a fairly straight line, it’d be even harder. Stuff like toes digging in deeper or a flex in the foot etc takes more than a plank could provide.

If you listen to Dr Meldrum, even he needs to see 1 to be 100% positive.…..but like me is convinced by the evidence. It only takes 1 And there’s Way too much for it all to be fake.

if you don’t believe in the evidence fine, but please don’t tell me there is none. Do with it as you wish, but it is there, lots of it :rockon:

Is it Turkey season yet? I’m doing my best to pass the time and I appreciate y’all playing along:clap:

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
We simply disagree that there is way too much evidence for it to be fake. There are too many folks out there who desperately want them to be real.

My mind is not closed to the possibility of them existing but I will not be convinced until there really is no basis for scientific acknowledgment of the existence of a creature.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Well I won’t turn this into a theology discussion but the Bible is clear that no people are not basically good. Most are capable of good but it’s not their default position.

Beyond that, I don’t think everybody is a liar. But if somebody is going to claim something wild I’m not going to just take their word for it and the fact that they make such a claim makes me suspicious of them. Maybe that makes me mean but to me it just means I’m not naive.
So there is this thing in the Bible that mentions Giants. I believe it’s in Genesis and some folks think the big fella is that being mentioned….cant think of its name though

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly

So there is this thing in the Bible that mentions Giants. I believe it’s in Genesis and some folks think the big fella is that being mentioned….cant think of its name though

Danuwoa

Redneck Emperor
Lotta liberty taken with that by the Bigfoot people. They claim that Bigfoot are descendants of the nephilim totally ignoring the reason for the flood and the fact that if bigfoots had been here they wouldn’t have survived.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member

I don't think they are all liars, I think most are just folks who misunderstand what they are seeing, or try to make things they see and hear fit into their preconceived solution.

And again, there is no ( 0 ) evidence.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I don’t doubt the Appalachian Mountains were clear cut to dust, but do they still look like that? Would they look anything like they did back then? Nature has a funny way of coming back doesn’t it? I thought folks were crying cause the government won’t cut any trees? At least in Cohutta it seems to be what is needed. I dunno And never seen a black panther either.

one thing we agree on is it’s fun to speculate on the big fella:rockon:
Where did all the bigfoots go that were living there? And where did all the ones living there now come from? They had to restock deer and turkeys in much of the country, if those prolific species couldn't survive deforestation and development, how did a breeding population of ten-foot-tall forest-dwelling primates manage it?

One thing that turns me off is the abject level of ignorance and misinformation that these bigfoot "experts" peddle.
I watched one show where the "expert" was talking about bigfeets in the Uwharrie National Forest in central NC. He said that it had served as a refuge for the bigfeet species in the Southeast.
Except, before the government bought that land in the 1930s, it was mostly scalded out, eroded, worn out, farmed out cotton land. That's how the government wound up with it. There weren't even any deer or bear left. It certainly didn't serve as a refuge for bigfoot, but he spoke this as a fact. And that's how most of the "evidence" is.
He came down there from NY camping for a couple nights looking for bigfoot, put a zagnut bar on a stump in the edge of his campsite, and saw bigfoot. Funny that I've spent a lot of time camping, hiking, and hunting there and never saw any sign of bigfeet, nor do the other people who hunt, camp, and hike there.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Nephilim was the name of the giant……I don’t know, but it’s an interesting side to it and adds to the possibilities and how long giants have been discussed.

A Bigfoot, if it were real would be way smarter than any deer or bear. Way more in touch with it’s surroundings than any person who thinks they know the woods Too.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Lotta liberty taken with that by the Bigfoot people. They claim that Bigfoot are descendants of the nephilim totally ignoring the reason for the flood and the fact that if bigfoots had been here they wouldn’t have survived.
It is said that Nephilim would be here before and after, so there is that.

Where did all the bigfoots go that were living there? And where did all the ones living there now come from? They had to restock deer and turkeys in much of the country, if those prolific species couldn't survive deforestation and development, how did a breeding population of ten-foot-tall forest-dwelling primates manage it?

One thing that turns me off is the abject level of ignorance and misinformation that these bigfoot "experts" peddle.
I watched one show where the "expert" was talking about bigfeets in the Uwharrie National Forest in central NC. He said that it had served as a refuge for the bigfeet species in the Southeast.
Except, before the government bought that land in the 1930s, it was mostly scalded out, eroded, worn out, farmed out cotton land. That's how the government wound up with it. There weren't even any deer or bear left. It certainly didn't serve as a refuge for bigfoot, but he spoke this as a fact. And that's how most of the "evidence" is.
He came down there from NY camping for a couple nights looking for bigfoot, put a zagnut bar on a stump in the edge of his campsite, and saw bigfoot. Funny that I've spent a lot of time camping, hiking, and hunting there and never saw any sign of bigfeet, nor do the other people who hunt, camp, and hike there.
It definitely turns me off too. I just wish they could say something like I dunno, but that’s weird. Instead of declaring Bigfoot sign…..totally agree 100%. I do enjoy watching a few groups that take cameras into the woods and post their adventures. Im watching something now and they are in Cleveland NC…..Some lady telling her story. She looks like one of my cousins and seems genuin.

Small town Monsters is a fun group to follow….especially since they are in NC and GA. Yes, they are here too :biggrin2:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
The people who really want to see a fairy or leprechaun will see them.
Yes, but unfortunately most folks who have seen a Sasquatch never asked for it. Also more times than not it has a negative life changing impact. Steve Isdal calls it the club of no return. Youve Heard the saying “you can’t unsee that”…..kinda like that.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Nephilim was the name of the giant……I don’t know, but it’s an interesting side to it and adds to the possibilities and how long giants have been discussed.

A Bigfoot, if it were real would be way smarter than any deer or bear. Way more in touch with it’s surroundings
than any person who thinks they know the woods Too.

How do you know this? What are you basing this knowledge on?

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It is said that Nephilim would be here before and after, so there is that.

It definitely turns me off too. I just wish they could say something like I dunno, but that’s weird. Instead of declaring Bigfoot sign…..totally agree 100%. I do enjoy watching a few groups that take cameras into the woods and post their adventures. Im watching something now and they are in Cleveland NC…..Some lady telling her story. She looks like one of my cousins and seems genuin.

Small town Monsters is a fun group to follow….especially since they are in NC and GA. Yes, they are here too :biggrin2:
This is the definitive Cleveland County sighting, IMO. :)