Having trouble with garage door opener

DannyW

Guess I should have expected it since I recommended this opener to someone several months ago on this very forum!

I have an 8 YO Chamberlain LiftMaster Pro garage door opener. It is driven by a serpentine belt. The opener has never given me any trouble until recently. It still opens and close fine, the remote control function is giving me trouble.

The interior wall button and external keypad still opens/closes the door, but all of our remote controls (4 total...3 handheld and 1 built into the car electronics) won't reliably work. Sometimes the opener will respond on the first button press from the end of our driveway, sometimes it takes 10-20 presses from directly in front of the door, and sometimes it doesn't work at all and you have to get out of the car and use the keypad.

I have changed the batteries in the handheld remotes so that is not the problem. The receiving wire hanging down from the units is clean and looks fine. The safety sensors at the bottom are clean and unobstructed. I don't know what else to check.

Any suggestions?

Duff

You can try clearing the programs of the remotes then reprogramming them. On the back of the operator is a green, orange or purple button (below where the sensor eye wires connect). Hold the button until the light beside it turns off(approx. 10 seconds). That cleared the codes.

To reprogram, press and release the green, orange or purple button, then press the button on the remote. Repeat with each remote and keypad. You will have to follow you vehicles owners manual to reprogram it, they all are different.

Most likely, the receiver built into the logic board is going bad and you will have to replace the logic board on the back of the operator.

TAS

I was having same problem. Bought three new universal remotes. Works fine now. Guess my old ones had worn out.

Latest posts