Heaviest Deer you know of?

kcausey

Banned
What's the heaviest Georgia deer you PERSONALLY know of?

Buck and Doe, live or dressed.

Buck: Macon county, on the hoof, 321lbs. 1999
Doe: Monroe county, mine, 176lbs. 2002

I saw where GON said that muzzleloader record dressed out was 309lbs. But back then deer directly from Idaho and Wisconsin, etc, were very abundant.

coon dawg

GONetwork Member

Buck:235........doe:164, killed on my farm...........buck was from northern Oglethorpe county in the late 70's. :)

Jeff Phillips

According to Duncan Dobie, the 2 heaviest whitetails on record weighed 355# dressed. 1 was taken in South Georgia and 1 from Maine. That is a BUNCH of buck and the photos are awesome!

The biggest buck I have taken was an Ala. deer that weighed 226# dressed. I shot a doe in Morgan County that dressed 142# and almost won a stand from the processor. On the last day of the season the Penningtons brought 1 in that dressed over 150#.

BigMassiveDaddy

355 field dressed ten pointer. Yes, I said field dressed.

Worth County in the '60's. Supposedly the largest whitetail killed in North America up until a few years ago. Somewhere in Canada, there is supposed to be one a little bigger.

Arrow3

Biggest buck ive ever saw was a 9 pointer my dad killed in Oglethorpe County in 1983...He weighed 275lbs on the hoof..

Biggest doe was one I killed in Morgan County about 3 years ago....140 on the hoof

Handgunner

Laurens county, my uncle. An 11 point buck weighed on cottonscales, dressed or live (can't remember) but I'm pretty sure it was dressed, at 407lbs. That was in the late 70's I think.

I know, probably a lot of people that's shaking their heads thinking my cheese has slipped off my cracker, but if you see the mount, you wouldn't doubt it.

HUGE!

Taken with a 30-30 from a soybean field.

Derek

My dad killed an 8pt a few years ago in monroe co that dressed 245. heaviest deer took to that cooler out of 2000 that they took in

Gadget

I killed my personal heaviest doe this year at 153 on the hoof. I may have killed one that was bigger but couldn't weigh it. At the same property there have been a couple of does that went 200lbs on the hoof and the heaviest buck was around 270.

I did see the picture of that Maine buck that is suppost to be one of the heaviest whitetails ever, huge, dont' remember what it weighted, I think over 500lbs. Killed a long time ago.

Gadget

Here's a C/P from worldclassoutdoors.com

All About Minnesota Wildlife:

The Whitetail Deer is Minnesota's most popular wildlife species. Each year, roughly 500,000 hunters harvest roughly 200,000.

Deer are amazing creatures. They can run at speeds of up to 40 miles per hour and leap over an 8-foot-tall fence.

Adult female white-tailed deer weigh about 145 pounds, males 170. The heaviest whitetail ever recorded in the United States was a 500-pound Minnesota buck.

Gadget

Another C/P from ESPN

… Anoka, Washington, and Winona would also be good bets for a big trophy buck, having produced between 75 and 100 P&Y entries each … The heaviest whitetail ever taken was a 500-pound deer from Minnesota … Minnesota has more than five million acres of land to choose from, so

Gadget

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=3 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=r2 vAlign=top width="17%" rowSpan=2>Here is another one with more detailed info

</TD><TD class=r2 width="83%"><TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=center align=left></TD><TD vAlign=center align=right></TD><TD vAlign=center noWrap align=right width="1%"></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR><TR><TD class=r2 align=TOP width="83%" height=200>

The heaviest whitetail ever taken was a buck shot by Carl Lenandor in 1926 in Minnesota. It had a dressed weight of 405 lbs, and was conservatively estimated to have a 500 lb live weight. A buck shot in Maine, by Horace R. Hinkley, in 1955, had a dressed weight of 355 lbs, with a live weight estimated at 488 lbs. I recall a few years ago, NAW had an article on a Canadian buck that weighed 408 lbs, live weight. Back in my home state of Illinois, where mature bucks regularly weigh in at a quite sizeable 250 - 300 lbs, the heaviest recorded buck was 370 lbs, live weight, if my memory is correct, shot by Noel Feather in Carroll county. I saw a picture of a very large Illinois buck from 2003 that also was reported to have a live weight of 370 lbs, though I can't remember the hunter. Overall, any buck that tops 350 lbs could probably be considered exceptionally heavy, and 400 pounders represent extremely rare, freakishly huge whitetails.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

kcausey

Banned
30%

I have always been told that innards account for approx 30% of a whitetails weight. That would put that deer in Minnesota at 526.5lbs.......that my friend's is a biggun'

Glenn Ryan

Heavy Deer

The largest FD buck ever taken in Ga. Dressed @ 355 lbs and is tied for the heaviest Whitetail ever. The other was taken in Maine. The Heaviest Doe, according to DNR and GON, ever "officially weighed" is 144 dressed(205 live) for Georgia. This doe was weighed @ Hilsman's and is the largest he has ever weighed.

That's unreal!!

I can't imagine a buck weighing 500 lbs. If you can imagine a deer that is over twice as big as this one. This is the Mule Deer buck my son killed this fall. He was 225 lbs, field dressed. What the heck is a 500 lb buck going to look like?
Holy Smokes ~ Please get a photo up of that hog!

Derek.jpg

Blackhawk

Lead Poison

285 lbs. buck killed in Schley County by a friend of mine named Cory Brock. It litterally drawfs him in a photo that was taken.

The buck's nose is squared like a cow. It was a HUGE deer that they called, Big Mo!

Killed with a 270 Winchester by the way. :shoot:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
Personally,

The heaviest buck I saw weighed about 225 OTH. A ten point from Talbot C.

The heaviest doe I saw was shot in Upson C. in 94 and she weighed 175 OTH. Biggest doe I've ever and probably will ever see!!

Tommy