Help / Advice with arrow selection

JHasty

Hey guys,
Was wanting to see if any of you guys could give me some suggestions on arrows. I am shooting a PSE OMEN @ 70 lbs draw wt and 29 inch darw length. Bow is rated at 366 fps and im getting around 325 fps with my hunting set up. I am using standard carbon arrows and am wanting to change to a smaller diam arrow. I am getting full pass through with the arrows that i am using but i wanted to try to pick up a few more fps with a smaller diam arrow but dont want to lose penetration. when i bought the bow i was told i needed to be shooting at least a 350 grain arrow for that bow( total weight including broadhead ) 5 grains per every pound of pull. I dont want ot break the bank buying arrows but i also dont want to buy cheap where if i shot a deer the arrow isnt any good anymore and i just have to end up spending more money replacing arrows. If anyone can give me some suggestions i would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks,
Josh

rjcruiser

A smaller diameter arrow will do nothing for weight. I've got some of the thin arrows that are 10.3gpi.

And yes, at 70 lbs you need to have at least 350 grains for total arrow weight.