Help me decide.... diesel or gas truck

Big Foot

Have a gasser ecoboost 82k on the dial
Dragged and won (which I never drag, but one of the young bucks at worked convinced me to do a rolling start from 20mph) against the Raptor 6.2.

My Eco pulls my Grady white to Florida beyond comparison to me, always in the torque curve. Mine is a 2012, the new ECO is more powerful...if you go gas, consider test drive the ECOboost

It will pull the trailer daily and that camper EZPZ

NOYDB

BANNED
Engine and other running gear is for pulling. Type of fuel does not determine a suitable pulling vehicle.

Brakes are for stopping. Trailer brakes can help determine what works for you.

T-N-T

Engine and other running gear is for pulling. Type of fuel does not determine a suitable pulling vehicle.

Brakes are for stopping. Trailer brakes can help determine what works for you.

Dragging the same two big trailers with a 3/4 ton gas and a 3/4 ton diesel I can assure that fuel type matters.

T-N-T

And, a 1/2 ton truck might have all the horse power in the world, but the 3/4 ton truck is FAR better option for a big camper. The shape and wind resistance of a camper is something totally different than a boat or flat trailer.

Campers are what let you know how stable your truck is at speed and with a load

tree cutter 08

Been looking for a while and will probably be a while but I like what I see with the new f250's with the 6.2 gas engine. I'm scared of all the new diesels especially since I would be keeping for 20 years. $$$ up front and $$$$ when they break and they will break.

Greene728

Looking for diesel, the Cummins is the way to go.

But, for the use the OP is talking about, that just doesn’t justify a diesel to me. The big gas HD trucks today would handle what he is considering and not even break a sweat.

lbzdually

Banned
Have a gasser ecoboost 82k on the dial
Dragged and won (which I never drag, but one of the young bucks at worked convinced me to do a rolling start from 20mph) against the Raptor 6.2.

My Eco pulls my Grady white to Florida beyond comparison to me, always in the torque curve. Mine is a 2012, the new ECO is more powerful...if you go gas, consider test drive the ECOboost

It will pull the trailer daily and that camper EZPZ

The Fast Lane truck on YouTube did a comparison between a Ford F-150 with 3.5 Ecoboost and a Nissan Titan XD, which is like a heavy half ton or light 3/4 ton. While the Ford had more power, the Nissan with heavier chassis and better suspension and braking was far more stable and they preferred it.