Real world gas mileage

Dennis

2018 Ram Hemi just drove 100 miles on interstate reset milage it said we were getting 22.8 MPG with cruse control set at 70 mph. Would have to check to see the real mpg

benellisbe

2021 Ram 1500 Rebel 4x4. I get 15-16 for normal (30 mile commute 3 stops during that drive) driving and around 17.5-18 on the highway. I have the V8 Hemi (not the e-torque or whatever, no auto start/stop, no cylinder deactivation - exactly what I wanted).

95g atl

2022 F150 Tremor 4x4. 3.5 twin turbo v6. 10 speed auto. only have 2800 miles on it but averaging around 17 in mixed. Has done 20 on the highway. (has factory lift, 3.73 gears and 33" factory off road tires). I hear the more city/subdivision trucks like XLT and Lariat are getting 2-4 mpg better.
Driving down to FL tmrw towing small boat. Will report MPG when I get back next week.

UPDATE: MPG on Tremor to Florida was 18.5 MPG towing a 15' boat.
Return trip to GA was 20.6 MPG empty. EPA ratings are 16 city/20 hwy.

NOT FULL SIZE (but).......2022 Ford Maverick hybrid. Only have 400 miles, mostly around town. Trip meter has been from upper 30's to over 60 mpg. Insane MPG if you use the gas motor to get up to speed and then run on electric to maintain the speed. There is a menu screen that helps you use the throttle to maintain electric power only. It really helps the MPG. Big time.

Older Ram 3500 cummins diesel dually with 4.10 gears just got 21 mpg from Trip to the hunt club. Backroads around 60-65 mph. No emissions, no def. no **. But those 5.9 cummins are LOUD. Guess it doesn't help that truck has straight pipe, Edge tuner, 75hp injectors.

Long story short, you don't buy a full size truck for MPG. If you don't need a full size truck, get a car based suv if you care about MPG. I'd say get a Maverick if you don't really need to tow stuff, but they are super hard to find now.

Last edited: