Help with 10/22 age.

jigman29

I think I may have lucked up on a gun buy today from a local woman.Her husband has recently passed and she was selling his guns off to pay bills.She had a ruger 10/22 in really good shape for 200 with 3 25 round mags and a speed loader.I figured this was a good pice so I bought it.Well,I got to fooling around with aging it with the serial number and I think I may have a 1964(first year) production rifle.I am not 100 percent sure so if you have any experience with this a little help would be greatly appreciated.I added a few pics of the gun but they are a not the greatest.This gun is in really good shape with a few handling marks but functions flawlessly.The serial number is 196xxx.Thanks in advance for the help.

101_1612.jpg

101_1611.jpg

jigman29

This one has a single number with no dash in it.I think it is an earlier model but i could be wrong.Thanks for the help.

chadeugene

This one has a single number with no dash in it.I think it is an earlier model but i could be wrong.Thanks for the help.

Then I'd imagine that you are correct. I didn't even look at it that way, I was just trying to place the 196.

buddy48

Call Ruger Monday morning. They'll gladly tell you about your gun. They have great customer service.