Help with clover food plot

bmoss

I planted a clover plot last spring and it did good til summer then weeds took over. I’m new to the food plot stuff was wondering if they make something I can spray to kill every thing but clover. Or should I just cut it up and replant late summer for deer?

You could use I think glyphosate but I am not one hundred percent sure on that. I know deff not 2-4d . Maybe some others will chime in.

Semi-Pro

Full-Pro
I planted a clover plot last spring and it did good til summer then weeds took over. I’m new to the food plot stuff was wondering if they make something I can spray to kill every thing but clover. Or should I just cut it up and replant late summer for deer?
If you do some searching there are a few threes on here that tell you exactly what to do.

bmoss

Have to search a little more. Looked earlier but couldn’t find any. Thank y’all for the help

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
In my clover I use 24db for broadleaf weeds and clethodim for grasses.
Do a search on either of those herbicides in this sub forum and you will find several good threads and good advice.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
In my clover I use 24db for broadleaf weeds and clethodim for grasses.
Do a search on either of those herbicides in this sub forum and you will find several good threads and good advice.
This, best time is when weeds just get above the clover.

Ihunt

Cleth for grass and 2-4-db for weeds. I have read about Thunder Herbicide and it seems like something worth a try but I haven’t tried it.

If it is established white clover, you can spray a light dose of roundup but as expensive as it is this year, I’d look at other alternatives.

Latest posts