Holiday Weekend Eats

ryork

None of which I prepared!! Spent the weekend up in Franklin TN and if you like to eat that little town has got it going on!!!! Spent a couple hours milling around the Farmer's Market Sat morning and got an empanada made from plantain and filled with Cuban style beef and picadillo peppers and that topping was out of sight! Just an hour or after that...... went to Mojo Taco for lunch. This place knows how it is done! That taco on the left is a tempura battered fried avocado taco, recently named one of the Top 10 dishes in greater Nashville. It was good, but that fish taco beside it was better!

Our daughter decided she thought it would be fun to do fondue one night so we headed into Nashville for that. It is definitely more the experience than necessarily the food itself, and they used to like Dantes in Atlanta and I tried to explain there will never be anything like that place ever again, but this was done very well and we really enjoyed the time together.

That sammich is something dubbed Duck Blind D-Lux at 55 South in Franklin. That was brunch on Sunday. Housemade sausage, fried green tomato, cheese and an egg in the sammich, served with some taters and beignets... I left full!

9-9 (11).jpg9-9 (12).jpg9-9 (13).jpg9-9 (14).jpg9-9 (15).jpg9-9 (16).jpg9-9 (17).jpg

ryork

I'm guessing y'all had a great weekend. For sure you ate well.

We did! Visiting with our son, we really like that area (not Nashville proper) around Franklin and Leipers Fork. Heading back up towards the end of the month to do some striper fishing and probably a little eating too....

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The yin/yang pot is pretty impressive.