Homemade ice cream recipes

Shadow11

I bought my mom one of them fancy smancy ice cream making machines with the built in compressor online the other friday, for part of her Christmas.

Any favorite recipes I can pass on to her in a few weeks?

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
These are for 3 quart mixes, so she (you) will have to do the math.
Peach:
12 medium peaches
2 cups sugar
2 cups milk
6 cups heavy cream
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Peal, pit, and dice peaches.. mix with 1/2 cup sugar and let stand for 1 hour.
Add the rest of ingredients .. stir to blend and "rest" in fridge at least 3 hours (up to 3 days)
Stir well and pour in mixer canister ..

Banana:
4 cups milk
4 cups heavy cream
4 eggs.. beaten
2 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups pureed bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Combine milk, cream, eggs, sugar, and salt
Cook (constantly stirring) over low heat until it thickens slightly (coats the back of the spoon)
Cool in fridge till near 40degs.
Stir in rest of ingredients.. pour into mixer canister..

Shadow11

These are for 3 quart mixes, so she (you) will have to do the math.
Peach:
12 medium peaches
2 cups sugar
2 cups milk
6 cups heavy cream
4 teaspoons vanilla extract
Peal, pit, and dice peaches.. mix with 1/2 cup sugar and let stand for 1 hour.
Add the rest of ingredients .. stir to blend and "rest" in fridge at least 3 hours (up to 3 days)
Stir well and pour in mixer canister ..

Banana:
4 cups milk
4 cups heavy cream
4 eggs.. beaten
2 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups pureed bananas
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Combine milk, cream, eggs, sugar, and salt
Cook (constantly stirring) over low heat until it thickens slightly (coats the back of the spoon)
Cool in fridge till near 40degs.
Stir in rest of ingredients.. pour into mixer canister..
Awesome. Love me some homemade peach. Never had homemade banana, but that sounds great. I'll definitely let her know. I got her one of these 1.5 quart things. I'll tell her to just cut the recipes in half. Easy enough. Thanks

Screenshot_2023-11-29-08-47-01.png

Shadow11

I bought myself the smaller 1 qt version of that one above, when i bought that one. It was on sale too last Fri. They arrived 2 days ago. I made a few batches of the cheap powder stuff the grocery store sells, just to try it out.

That thing is really cool. The ice cream is done in about 20-25 minutes. The bigger one might take a bit longer. Not sure. No salt/ice needed. I'm going to grocery store later. I'm gonna try some fresh peach.

specialk

Keep us updated on how well it works, I haven't had homemade ice cream in a LONG time and these look super convenient.
i've had mine for years....works great.....

Shadow11

Keep us updated on how well it works, I haven't had homemade ice cream in a LONG time and these look super convenient.
It works great so far. These are on the heavy side, tho because of the compressor. It doesnt make a lot, but like I said you can have good home made ice cream in 25 minutes. Nobody has peaches unfortunately, but I subbed strawberries for peaches the other day, with the same recipe batjak has above. Very good

Shadow11

Lol. Yeah I'm definitely gonna do some banana. When I was a kid, dairy queen had what was called a Hawaiian blizzard. It had bananas, pineapple, coconut, and maybe something else. It was the best blizzard they ever had, but they quit. I think I'll try something like that.

Redbow

About 4 good and ripe bananas mashed

I can of Eagle Brand condensed milk

1 teaspoon of Vanilla flavoring or just a bit more if you wish.

About a cup and one half of sugar

Mix all ingredients in a large bowl then pour into the freezer container. Then fill the container up to the fill line with whole milk. Sometimes I add a small can of Pet milk also just to enhance the flavor a bit.

Now you are ready to churn. This recipe to me is just as good as any I have ever used or eaten to make banana ice cream....

Makes 5 quarts