Homemade Offset

Bream Pole

I just finished making for myself a small offset smoker from a used propane tank. It will smoke one packer brisket or 4 whole chickens or 8-10 chicken halves or two turkeys, or 4 boston butts or 4-5 racks of ribs. Perfect for just me and my wife. The first cook after seasoning with grape seed oil oak wood and hickory lump was a pork belly I chopped after cook and a rack of Costco St Louis cut ribs. Also threw on a pack of Hillshire Farms Beef sausages and they were very good. Ribs and Pork Belly best I've ever done. All my smoking will be done on offset from here on. Don't have much money in it. Tank was $50. Metal not a lot.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    515.4 KB · Views: 77
  • thumbnail 2.jpg
    thumbnail 2.jpg
    362.7 KB · Views: 78
  • thumbnail 3.jpg
    thumbnail 3.jpg
    285.6 KB · Views: 69
  • thumbnail 4.jpg
    thumbnail 4.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 67

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That's a fine looking rig, and some fine looking product coming off of it, too! :cheers:

dwhee87

GON Political Forum Scientific Studies Poster
Nice looking smoker.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I just finished making for myself a small offset smoker from a used propane tank. It will smoke one packer brisket or 4 whole chickens or 8-10 chicken halves or two turkeys, or 4 boston butts or 4-5 racks of ribs. Perfect for just me and my wife. The first cook after seasoning with grape seed oil oak wood and hickory lump was a pork belly I chopped after cook and a rack of Costco St Louis cut ribs. Also threw on a pack of Hillshire Farms Beef sausages and they were very good. Ribs and Pork Belly best I've ever done. All my smoking will be done on offset from here on. Don't have much money in it. Tank was $50. Metal not a lot.

Oh Man that is nice!!! Congrats!!!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
As good or better than the store bought smokers and the Q looks just right!