Hoping we keep GA wildlife regulation based in science

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
Okay sorry about the trapping info but closing 800 out of 70,000 acres to hunting isn't bad and probably for safety reasons
8,000 acres and there was already safety zones established prior

WOODIE13

They have a couple more national rivers here, just waiting for a change with them

WOODIE13

Famous last words, "Trust me, I'm with the government and here to help"

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
I forget which General it was, but he told the Cheyenne that he was gonna help them get back on their feet. Then he had his soldiers kill their horse herd.

Custer told the Utes and Arapaho that he would settle the differences between the two tribes just as soon as he got back and to do nothing till he returned. He then took off to the Little Bighorn. Nothing has been done yet.

That`s how much faith and trust I have in our government.

WOODIE13

HughW2

Thanks for the above article,
It touches on some of my concerns about the proposed Ocmulgee NP.
If it comes to pass how much control do the feds yield on our WMAs that will fall Under its domain: Ocmulgee, Oaky Woods, Echeconne, Bond Swamp. Do they start limiting hunts due to “safety reasons”? Do they limit the already very restricted bear hunting due to federal FNW oversight? Do hunters in these areas have to start using non toxic centerfire ammo due to federal lands regulations?

This proposed NP seems like it is almost inevitable due to the momentum and dollars being dumped in environmental groups and $$$ donors.

We as GA sportsmen need to quickly express our concerns to our US HR reps.

WOODIE13

Thanks for the above article,
It touches on some of my concerns about the proposed Ocmulgee NP.
If it comes to pass how much control do the feds yield on our WMAs that will fall Under its domain: Ocmulgee, Oaky Woods, Echeconne, Bond Swamp. Do they start limiting hunts due to “safety reasons”? Do they limit the already very restricted bear hunting due to federal FNW oversight? Do hunters in these areas have to start using non toxic centerfire ammo due to federal lands regulations?

This proposed NP seems like it is almost inevitable due to the momentum and dollars being dumped in environmental groups and $$$ donors.

We as GA sportsmen need to quickly express our concerns to our US HR reps.

We have one WMA that borders NPS property (Beury Mountain)no issues yet, knock wood.

Definitely need to get ahead of it or at least limit the damage. Maybe add preserve to it?