Horse Creek / Oaky Woods

JNG

I live out of state now, but was thinking of coming back down to GA for a couple of days to try for hogs along the river in Horse Creek or Oaky Woods WMA. Anyone have any tips on spots to try? Thanks in advance.
Edit/Delete Message

Rich Kaminski

Don't get caught trespassing

There are now at least 2 hunting clubs within the old Oakey Woods WMA. They prosecute trespassers and rightfully so.

Rich Kaminski

And

Both of those clubs run right down to the river. We can see both of them from our club across the river. Personally I have chased many people from our property. Now I have requested that a game warden visit these sport in the morning, at lunch time and sometime before dark. The trespassing should stop very soon and the prosecutions should start soon as well.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
If u decide on horse creek give the west side a look all the way down to the river, I'd walk the property line as far as I could go , but not sure how far u would make it cause the river is full , good luck !! There is a road on private land that borders wma that I was a member of for yrs and killed a lot of game slipping down !

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Not planning on trespassing, just hunting the available public ground.

I always like the Borders of the WMAs......especially Oaky Woods;) Those hunting clubs have Feeders and all kinds of things you wont see on a WMA and the Pigs cant find the boundaries..........walk the edges;)

PROPGUN

Hunting clubs are the best thing to happen to WMAs. I can see two feeders from the corner of a certain one... just gotta put in the miles...

Rich Kaminski

The key is knowing how to read boundary lines and not just maps. One white stripe on a tree indicates a line where the property stops and another piece of property begins. Two lines indicate a point where two properties come together in a corner, three stripes are a point whre 3 properties meet. Good luck.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Hunting clubs are the best thing to happen to WMAs. I can see two feeders from the corner of a certain one... just gotta put in the miles...

I second that..........:cheers: Except when they acquire land we used to walk on:cry:

Such is the case at Oaky.........