How long is a cooked boston butt good for?

SarahFair

I cooked a boston butt Friday night into Saturday morning, covered it in tinfoil and put it in the fridge in hopes to make Brunswick stew with it that night, well that didn't happen, so I was going to make it tonight...
Well circumstances didn't allow that either :cautious:

How much longer do I have to turn this piece of meat into stew, then how long is that stew good for?

B. White

I've adopted a one week rule over the years and have never been sick from anything out of our fridge. We usually eat or freeze leftovers sooner, but my cutoff is still probably fresher than what you buy in the store.

Swamprat

Swamprat
About 5 days for the butt then if you add it to something else after that time then to me a day or so.

You can freeze the leftover butt and add as you need but have never seen a piece of meat cooked and put in the fridge be edible to me after 5 days.

Meat is cheaper than 2 days of hurling.

Tight Lines

A smoked butt should be good for a week or so in the fridge...we vacuum pack leftover butt and use it later for stew, soup, sandwiches...a week or more in the fridge has never been an issue for smoked meats...brisket, ribs, butts. 6 months frozen or more...

little rascal

I do it all the time, pork might be in the fridge 2 weeks, pull it out, make stew, eat some stew, fridge it for another week and if enough leftover freeze for next bbq.

SarahFair

A smoked butt should be good for a week or so in the fridge...we vacuum pack leftover butt and use it later for stew, soup, sandwiches...a week or more in the fridge has never been an issue for smoked meats...brisket, ribs, butts. 6 months frozen or more...
This one is not smoked, I did it in the crock pot :biggrin2:
I do it all the time, pork might be in the fridge 2 weeks, pull it out, make stew, eat some stew, fridge it for another week and if enough leftover freeze for next bbq.
You are plain crazy

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
This one is not smoked, I did it in the crock pot :biggrin2:

You are plain crazy
Crock Pot? I would have thrown it away on day 1... :bounce:

5 days is a general rule for me as well. Couple days in a stew and then froze for leftover stew later.105E33A1-5566-4F96-9E18-FDF4E7926FC1.jpeg