How many can you Remember??

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
Changes...

I read about test done on elementary age children, could they identify something by the sound it made.

Couple things they consistently failed to identify........

Rotary phone sound

Ticking of a clock

Things have changed. Who would have thunk it!

Jeffriesw

I remember all of them, and you could add the test pattern that was broadcast on the TV for 30 minutes before the programming started and the sign off at night with the National Anthem and the Flag flying.

My kids never believed me when I told them TV went off at night, Nothing but a test pattern after the Anthem, Looked at me like I was crazy

Rotary dial phones, and party lines.

We had a party line till I was about 12

Man this thread makes me feel kind of old.
For whatever reason this seems like it belongs in your post. When we had fight at school, that is all it was. You would be sitting together at lunch table the next day. We all had pocket knives,but would never think of pulling it out during a fight.It would have been like a sin in the schoolground .
Oh, what about the smoking area at school.
Things are way different now.
Good post.

Yep, If you even thought about pullin out your pocket knife, everyone would've piled on you real quick and in a hurry.

My kids still dont believe we had smoking areas in school.
Had one in Jr High (8th & 9th grade) and also in high school

Browning88

I am only 20 and I reckon my parents wanted me to know what it was like, because I know what most of the things on that list are. Several of them I played with as a little kid.

Hogtown

I remember them all. One item I'll add is: A cigar box that acted as the cash drawer in the gas station. I swear I was in high school before any of our local gas stations had an actual cash register.