How many of ya'll have actually heard a kee-kee?

Wishin I was Fishin

I can do it with any of my mouth calls by turning it on its side, I can't really describe how I do it, but I can do it with it in regular position with a ghost cut.

MCArcher

Heard a hen calling so I called back to her. She came back with a kee-kee followed by a yelp. We did that back and forth for a while then she showed up with three gobblers!! The gobblers never made a sound.

short stop

heard a kee kee ? I hear it all the time . alot in the fall but I use it almost daily in my calling runs on hunts in the Spring ...

hoppie

Yeah do not know how to explain how I make the sound. Just played with mouth call enough that I could manipulate the sound to do a kee-kee by changing mouth shape and air flow.

Huntinfool

It is in most of sequences. Do it a lot leading into yelps.

If you've spent any time at all listening to hens chatter at each other, you've heard a kee kee...or at least part of one.

It does not always sound like the guys on stage.

The quote above is 100% exactly correct.

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
I'll kee kee. I've had a few gobblers go nuts over it!

I've heard it before during the spring turkey season.

I've heard kee kee's more in the fall deer hunting.

gregg

I remember way back in my college days, using a kee kee call when nothing else was working, got a gobbler to respond from several hundred yards away, within a few minutes the Kee Kee brought him into gun range and the deal was done.....so it can and does work, just another option. I've also been able to get hens to respond to a kee kee and call them into the area which of course can bring in the tom.