How to get started on a first aid kit

miles58

Banned yankee
I can understand the epi pen thing, but, don't they only last so long?

I replace things like that every other year.

The single most important thing you can have with you is training. In an emergency situation you have to decide what cannot wait, what cannot be done here and now, and how much time you have to get the situation under control.

If you can answer those three questions correctly, all the rest is a lot easier to manage.

teethdoc

I keep lidocaine in mine. Sure helps when doing sutures or pushing a fishing hook on through if youi can numb it up.

miles58

Banned yankee
I keep lidocaine in mine. Sure helps when doing sutures or pushing a fishing hook on through if youi can numb it up.

I just use these cautionary words:

Son, if you hook (cut) me I am going to make you remove the hook (sew up the slice). It works so good I can't believe it. I never saw anything concentrate his mind on avoiding a situation near so well as those few words.

clent586

Clent586's first aid kit............:bounce::bounce:

Now that is just funny! Man you went deep to get that pic Andy! I hope no one took my list seriously! I can get by with just some kling, ace bandage and tape. A couple of years in the ditch will always revert you back to the basics:whip:

j_seph

Do we have anyone on here who is qualified and willing to put on a free or low charged first aid/cpr class