Hunting food plots in the morning?

Jasper

I was reading a thread recently about someone killing a deer on a food plot in the morning. I've never hunted one in the AM and am curious how many people do and what kind of success you have.

BKA

Banned
I've seen deer crossing a food plot in the AM, but never stopping to feed. All of the feeding action I've seen has always been in the evenings.

hambone44

Don't like plots in the morning or pm...prefer a big field, or to hunt behind the plot downwind (obviously) in the woods/staging areas

never seen many deer at all in small plots in the mornings when I have hunted in the plots.

peak rut can be the best time to hunt them for obvious reasons... doe to the plot, buck to the doe

a plot just isn't pretty as a nice wooded setting, and I prefer to hunt deer by patterning trails and rut areas and not wait for them to hunt me in a plot. gets boring staring at ryegrass

IMO

SouthGAHunter

I've hunted food plots morning and evening....I have seen just as many deer in food plots in the mornings as I have in the evening. As a matter of fact I saw 4 does in a food plot I was hunting this morning. They stayed around for a good little while and fed.

chambers270

I have hunted food plots alot the last couple of years, and I have seen lots of deer crossing them in the AM/PM. I see more deer in the AM than any other time, mostly from 7:30-9:00am. I shot a doe in my food plot this morning (3/4 acre) at 9:40. She was walking right down the middle and feeding.

Chris

Nothing wrong with a food plot to me anytime of the day.