Hunting with the man on his 91st Bday. A message for young members

Howard Roark

Retired Moderator
Today is dad’s 91st birthday. He wanted to kill a big buck today but would have settled for a doe.

If your parents are able to do things with you make spending time together a priority. If you are estranged from a parent and repair is possible for your relationship work on the relationship.

We hunted this afternoon after burying my cousin. Ken had children in their 20’s. Their children will never know one of the best men who walked in this earth. I am a fortunate man.

The light reflecting on the pond in the first photo was dad walking 1/4 of a mile to the truck. The second is when he passed a trail camera.

IMG_3030.jpegIMG_3031.jpegIMG_3026.jpegIMG_2973.jpegIMG_2917.jpegIMG_2914.jpegIMG_2549.jpegIMG_2428.jpegIMG_2072.jpegIMG_1692.jpeg

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
91 !!! Wow , just can’t think of much better ! Congrats to you for getting to spend the day in the woods with your dad . Hope y’all get many more days in the woods together

Gaswamp

great stuff

deermaster13

Great thread. This year makes the second season my dad has been unable to go. He had never missed a trapping season in over 50 years. It seems since he has not been able to get out he goes down hill faster. Breaks my heart. Good to see you enjoying your dad. All you younger ones on here take heed, spend quality time with your Ole man. Never know when you can't. Mine always seemed invincible.

JustUs4All

Slow Mod
Staff member
Thank you for sharing your story and through it, your dad with us. I hope y'all have many more good times together.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
That is some great stuff. I lost my dad nearly 20 years ago, and I lost my mom about three months ago. She was almost 91. I miss them greatly.

Evergreen

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Man I envy you, lost my grandfather when he was 89, we never deer hunted together but mention a dove shoot or quail hunt or fishing hole and you'd hear his house door shut and truck crank up. Better move quick. What I wouldn't give for one more dove shoot or afternoon at the pond with him, shoot I'd trade body parts to hear him giving me orders at the farm at 530 in the morning

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Man, that’s awesome! Seeing this put the biggest smile on my face that I’ve had in a long time! And happy birthday to your father. Bless y’all!

leroy

Great post. Lost mine in 2014, he was 73, my oldest son loves bird hunting as much as he did and has a son of his own now. My other son makes his living training dogs, retrievers, he would be so tickled to see them enjoying his passions. Enjoy them while you can.