Hunting with the man on his 91st Bday. A message for young members

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
What a blessing David! Soak up every minute! :rockon:

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Great post. I’ll 100% agree with spending time with your parents while you can. My daddy just passed away and was buried on New Years Eve. He was 71. We spent many years hunting together when I was young, not so often once I got grown and married. He did get to hunt with his grandsons on several occasions. This was he and I with my first deer years ago and him with my youngest about 3 seasons ago.IMG_4840.jpegIMG_4832.png

Silent Assassin

Man that's good stuff right there. Congratulations to your dad for taking such good care of himself. I will be 50 in March and feel like I will be lucky to make it to 65 lol.

earlthegoat2

I go up to MI every year to hunt with my dad. I am his only kid who hunts. We are meat hunters first and love filling the freezer to the point we don’t need to buy meat during the year.

He is 70 now and taking care of the deer after the kill has become a bit harder for him so he is glad to have me to help out.

frankwright

What a wonderful post!

I have noticed my longtime friend and landowner who is 17 years younger than me stepping up and doing more for me as I get older.
I hope with his help I will be there at 91!

Doc_Holliday23

Lost mine in Feb 2021. Wish I had been able to get him out there a few more times in 2020 but he was pretty weak. Did have a great dove hunt with him on opening day in 2020. He was only 66.

Losing him put the urge in me to put as much effort as I could back into hunting, which I was unable to do for awhile due to distance and a young family.

Latest posts