Hurricanes and electric cars

turkeykirk

Big7

The Oracle
Pinellas Park is in the same county I used to live in. I have a bunch of friends in Clearwater, St. Pete and Tarpon Springs posting about electric cars on Facebook.

Haven't seen anything about fires but did see a few incidents of people having to abandon them in line at charging stations going north on 75 and 95. Some of them wasn't to happy about it either.

Electricity and water don't mix all that good. :bounce:

Big7

The Oracle
I’d want a gas generator on mine. Run it while driving to charge it. ;)
Get you one of them things like we had as kids that rubbed up against the bicycle tire as you peddled to run your headlight.

Just get a bigger one of them and you got a new kind of perpetual motion machine. :bounce:

snookdoctor

Get you one of them things like we had as kids that rubbed up against the bicycle tire as you peddled to run your headlight.

Just get a bigger one of them and you got a new kind of perpetual motion machine. :bounce:
I'm sure that the technology it there, but that would eventually put the battery companies out of business.
ie...
Real fossil fuel alternative.
Cure for cancer.
Ufo's and aliens.
Jimmy Hoffa's grave.

Dub

This electric car madness isn't going to mix with much of anything.

It's a snake oil that is separating people from their money....and giving the money and future power to a place that we shouldn't be giving money and power.

oldfella1962

This electric car madness isn't going to mix with much of anything.

It's a snake oil that is separating people from their money....and giving the money and future power to a place that we shouldn't be giving money and power.
I saw a video a couple of days ago from some German scientist - a physicist.
Anyway, she said that if everybody dropped all the politics and was suddenly on board with all these "green energy" ideas, it wouldn't accomplish much. Her explanation was most of these "ideas" aren't fleshed out yet. The world (not just America or Germany, or China but the whole combined world) does not have the cognitive ability yet to design, engineer, build & maintain all the different systems we would need to "go green" even if we wanted to. :rolleyes:

Dub

I saw a video a couple of days ago from some German scientist - a physicist.
Anyway, she said that if everybody dropped all the politics and was suddenly on board with all these "green energy" ideas, it wouldn't accomplish much. Her explanation was most of these "ideas" aren't fleshed out yet. The world (not just America or Germany, or China but the whole combined world) does not have the cognitive ability yet to design, engineer, build & maintain all the different systems we would need to "go green" even if we wanted to. :rolleyes:

What is being pushed on us today is a profiteering racket not an environmental improvement. The green they are concerned with is green cash.

Lilly001

What is being pushed on us today is a profiteering racket not an environmental improvement. The green they are concerned with is green cash.
The biggest problem, as I see it as a consumer, is that the new government standards are causing the vehicle manufacturers to build ICE vehicles that are so untested and of such poor quality that you can’t rely on any of them lasting out of warranty, never mind the loan life.
As a consumer we are being forced to consider some type of electric when we are shopping for new.
Then you add in the artificial inflation of petroleum fuels and one can’t help but consider electric even with its flaws.

Reactions: Dub

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
The biggest problem, as I see it as a consumer, is that the new government standards are causing the vehicle manufacturers to build ICE vehicles that are so untested and of such poor quality that you can’t rely on any of them lasting out of warranty, never mind the loan life.
As a consumer we are being forced to consider some type of electric when we are shopping for new.
Then you add in the artificial inflation of petroleum fuels and one can’t help but consider electric even with its flaws.
When manufacturers have a successful design the greenies kill it. Wife drove a VW Jetta turbo diesel 45 MPG all day long with plenty of power. Best car I owned in the last 50 years. Couldn’t make EPA so they recalled them.

Dub

When manufacturers have a successful design the greenies kill it. Wife drove a VW Jetta turbo diesel 45 MPG all day long with plenty of power. Best car I owned in the last 50 years. Couldn’t make EPA so they recalled them.

Exactly.

I have a buddy that had EXCELLENT results with his as a daily driver. Drove his truck on weekends.

Baroque Brass

I hope I live long enough to see all this “green” foolishment go away and we get back to using the fossil fuel resources that are in abundance. While we’re at it, let’s get more nuclear power plants online.

oldfella1962

It seems that way! It's also used as a divisive political weapon. But I think even a lot of "virtue signaling" people are wising up and getting reasonable about electric vehicle capabilities and "green energy" in general.

Reactions: Dub

Dub

It seems that way! It's also used as a divisive political weapon. But I think even a lot of "virtue signaling" people are wising up and getting reasonable about electric vehicle capabilities and "green energy" in general.

Agreed.

I would like to comment further, but I've been warned to cease political comments & posts.