?I feel so guilty. What would you do?

1eyefishing

...just joking, seriously.
Abou t a month ago I noticed a medium sized turtle crawling in the yard between two ponds in our neighborhood. Since he was headed for the street, I stopped and picked him up and took him to the bank of the lake and pointed him downhill where I set him down and into the water he went. Felt like I was doing the right thing.
Then I saw this a couple of days ago. The guilt is killing me and I don't know what to do. I had tried calling him, "Here turtle-turtle, com'eer turtle..." If he was domesticated, he should've responded! What if he was trying to make his way home?
I am afraid to, but it should I call the owners and at least tell them which lake to look in? I sure hope the snappers didn't get the little feller, like the neighborhood coyotes apparently due to the neighborhood cats. We have a missing cat sign on the stop sign once a month...
WWYD?

Draw Over Photo1563238615044.png

Last edited:

naildrvr

She didn't respond because you were speaking English. It is Russian. I think there was a communication barrier and wouldn't worry too much about it. They should have an invisible fence and a collar for it.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
RUSSIANS......let it go!

1eyefishing

It went the last 10 ft under its own volition
Maybe it was afraid of colluding.

1eyefishing

Witness protection program for turtles?

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
It was feral so you either saved the environment or ruined a lake.
Depending on if it swims or not.
The only thing you can do now is go fish for it and keep an eye out.

Latest posts