I guess I'll be forced to eat lobster....

tr21

nothing better than a lobster tail dripping in melted butter! :biggrin3:

ryanh487

I’ve never had Lobster! Not even a taste! Not because I don’t want to! It’s just so expensive! Like way higher than the the highest point on a hawgs back!

I’ll stick with crawfish and blue crabs! When I feel like doing all’at work for them little nibbles of meat!

It's only like $10-15 for a pair of rock lobster tails from kroger. At outback you can get a filet and lobster for $30ish

mrs. hornet22

Beach Dreamer
We USED to get monkfish because it taste like lobster. And back in the day it was cheap. You can't even find monkfish anymore. We look all the time.

Redbow

You gotta eat at least one lobster before you leave this earth. You will not regret it. I promise. I sure don't eat as many as I would like, but when I do, I'm pretty close to heaven. :bounce:

I have never eaten Lobster either and I'm 76 years old. Some folks tell me that Shrimp is better than Lobster, I have eaten a lot of Shrimp in my life. I don't buy the heavily expensive stuff, never have, never will.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
We USED to get monkfish because it taste like lobster. And back in the day it was cheap. You can't even find monkfish anymore. We look all the time.
You can thank all of these foodie, cooking, travel shows for this and all of the fish / food problems. They show folks that they could eat stuff that they never would have thought of on their own. Stuff that only a few of us that knew would eat was cheap, now you either can't find it or can't afford it.

OwlRNothing

Some marine scientists say there will be little or no seafood to harvest by 2050 at the present rate our Oceans are being depleted by over fishing if something doesn't change. Man doesn't live for tomorrow most of the salt water fish we harvest here in NC have been declared overfished for many years. I figure overfishing will continue until there is very little or nothing left to fish for. I am not surprised at all with the Alaska crab industry going flop.

"Scientists" also said by the early 2000's that brook trout wouldn't extend further south that Virginia and that half of our seaside cities would be underwater by now. So, there is that...

Redbow

"Scientists" also said by the early 2000's that brook trout wouldn't extend further south that Virginia and that half of our seaside cities would be underwater by now. So, there is that...

But we haven't got to 2050 yet so there is that.