I love it when a plan comes together

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Speaking of fiddlers, is Fiddlers still open?

I think it was 2015 or 16, a friend and I were at the "hatch for a few days.
After a long day on the water, we went to Fiddlers to eat.
Not many cars in the parking lot was a good sign.
Went in and hostess at the desk said it would be a few minutes. I asked why there's not many cars in the parking lot and looking into the dining area plenty of empty tables.

She said:
"We've got a new cook and we don't want to overwhelm him".

I said:
"I can help you not overwhelm him", and we walked out.

Haven't been back since.

doomtrpr_z71

Speaking of fiddlers, is Fiddlers still open?

I think it was 2015 or 16, a friend and I were at the "hatch for a few days.
After a long day on the water, we went to Fiddlers to eat.
Not many cars in the parking lot was a good sign.
Went in and hostess at the desk said it would be a few minutes. I asked why there's not many cars in the parking lot and looking into the dining area plenty of empty tables.

She said:
"We've got a new cook and we don't want to overwhelm him".

I said:
"I can help you not overwhelm him", and we walked out.

Haven't been back since.
It is, but it has new owners, it was excellent 18-20, after covid it declined, the new owners have made some changes so its more barsy with live music all the time. They do have a buffet on friday night with crab legs thats expensive but I figure I can eat enough to get my moneys worth if I've been fishing all day.

I'd rank the restaurants:

1:Kathy's
2:Who Dat
3:Fiddlers
4:Roys

I havent tried Stoney's or Crabbie Dads

I want to try McDavids or Skullys BBQ but lately I havent been staying in Steinhatchee since I can rent a house at Keaton for what hotel rooms cost at the Hatch.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
It is, but it has new owners, it was excellent 18-20, after covid it declined, the new owners have made some changes so its more barsy with live music all the time. They do have a buffet on friday night with crab legs thats expensive but I figure I can eat enough to get my moneys worth if I've been fishing all day.

I'd rank the restaurants:

1:Kathy's
2:Who Dat
3:Fiddlers
4:Roys

I havent tried Stoney's or Crabbie Dads

I want to try McDavids or Skullys BBQ but lately I havent been staying in Steinhatchee since I can rent a house at Keaton for what hotel rooms cost at the Hatch.
Who Dat is post me.
I'm thinking Kathy's is on the left right before the curve and Fiddlers?
Roy's was always hit and miss for me.
Best story I've got about Roy's was coming in from fishing and there was a jon boat anchored off the channel with nobody in it.
Then there was splash. We looked up and there was sling shot set up in Roy's parking lot launching mullet at the jon boat.
Some festival or something.

doomtrpr_z71

Who Dat is post me.
I'm thinking Kathy's is on the left right before the curve and Fiddlers?
Roy's was always hit and miss for me.
Best story I've got about Roy's was coming in from fishing and there was a jon boat anchored off the channel with nobody in it.
Then there was splash. We looked up and there was sling shot set up in Roy's parking lot launching mullet at the jon boat.
Some festival or something.
Kathys used to be there, its now on the straightaway before that curve.