Ideas on how to hog proof a feeder

Milkman

Deer Farmer Moderator
Staff member
Me and my brother have a couple feeders on our club just for hogs and we have not had any problems till 3 weeks ago. One stopped working and a good boar hog took it upon himself to break off the controller box and let all the corn run out. Well we fixed it a week later and killed one boar off it and a few days later it happened to the same feeder. Well when I got up this morning I realized that the other feeder had been tore up last night as well. We have Tpost drove down by each legs and tied off to prevent them turning over and thought it was already big enough that they wouldn't mess with the box

Get one that hangs by a cable and winch. You just need a good size limb to hang it from.
https://www.agrisupply.com/hanger-f...kR1r94VNzrvSqYGT5uXVeUMav0djdfAQaAmgyEALw_wcB

Last edited:

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
He ain’t got no limb in the field.
And he don’t won’t his feeder in the woods.
He wants hogs to stop bustin up his speader right where it’s at.?

Albuds

Me and my brother have a couple feeders on our club just for hogs and we have not had any problems till 3 weeks ago. One stopped working and a good boar hog took it upon himself to break off the controller box and let all the corn run out. Well we fixed it a week later and killed one boar off it and a few days later it happened to the same feeder. Well when I got up this morning I realized that the other feeder had been tore up last night as well. We have Tpost drove down by each legs and tied off to prevent them turning over and thought it was already big enough that they wouldn't mess with the box

Foot pad from Boss Buck with t-post driven though to secure to ground. For pad bolts directly to legs. 2017/18 season had three spin feeders almost completely destroyed. Installed these four pads and had no issues since.

Attachments

• IMAG0661.jpg
    IMAG0661.jpg
    575.4 KB · Views: 29

sghoghunter

We already have Tpost drove down by each leg then strapped to the leg with hose clamps. We added another section of legs to them this past weekend.