If we all came from Adam and Eve?

hobbs27

Why are there different races?

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member

They where multi race peeps & the different off spring showed the single traits. :D
DNA chromosomes lined up.
God must be of ever race also. We are in his likeness. :pop:

gordon 2

They where multi race peeps & the different off spring showed the single traits. :D
DNA chromosomes lined up.
God must be of ever race also. We are in his likeness. :pop:

My kind of peeps.

gordon 2

The sun, migrations, isolation. One race... different days, different migrations, different isolations. One Adam, one Eve.

It is possible to see physical similarities (distinctness) and/or differences compared to other communities due to isolated communities ( isolation) in people of European descent in North America--within a 300 -400 yr time span, let alone thousands and 10 thousand of yrs... in other areas of the world.

Last edited:

hobbs27

I didn't think there was, but I was hoping someone may know a scripture reference to the races. I think the absence of such scripture may support the idea that Adam was not the first physically created man.

welderguy

I think this is very noteworthy. Jesus' lineage was recorded for the purpose of showing He was of a pure Jewish bloodline. He was a perfect sacrifice in every way, even down to His bloodline.
Bloodlines were important in those days in the raising of animals, in which the very best of the flock was given for sacrifice.

The Gentile races we're a mixed race. They intermarried and mixed bloodlines, something the Jews were commanded not to do.

It would be very perplexing to us Gentiles today if it were not for the good news that we also have a part in redemption through Christ.

Artfuldodger

I think this is very noteworthy. Jesus' lineage was recorded for the purpose of showing He was of a pure Jewish bloodline. He was a perfect sacrifice in every way, even down to His bloodline.
Bloodlines were important in those days in the raising of animals, in which the very best of the flock was given for sacrifice.

The Gentile races we're a mixed race. They intermarried and mixed bloodlines, something the Jews were commanded not to do.

It would be very perplexing to us Gentiles today if it were not for the good news that we also have a part in redemption through Christ.

I've read something similar to that when wondering why God used the Jews. He wanted to keep the bloodline of Jesus Jewish for some reason.

gordon 2

I've read something similar to that when wondering why God used the Jews. He wanted to keep the bloodline of Jesus Jewish for some reason.

I don't think this is a valid observation. I say this from instinct and from the fact that gentiles could and did convert and become Jewish!

So... individuals became Abraham's children or Jews and who were not of Abraham's blood necessarily.

I would suggest that the idea of blood here is mixed up with not mingling with neighboring people because they would draw away the Jews to their gods. Was never about blood line. The Jews were never a great people of faith. They were easily drawn away from their Savior. Yet God used them to reveal Himself. They were prized for being a people of prayer yet stiff necked, and not of exceptional blood in my assessment. The Jews are a type of who all peoples are--micro to the macro. So it is always possible to mix up the faith line with ideas of blood line. Christians are adopted--grafted by faith , so were gentile converts to Israel.

Last edited:

Artfuldodger

I'm pretty sure God wanted Jesus to be a Jew. For some reason that I don't fully understand God kept a pure bloodline going for this purpose.

I think there was more to it than just keeping Jews away from Gentiles in order for them to not worship the wrong God.

The genealogy of Jesus Christ as found in The Holy Bible:

http://thenazareneway.com/genealogy_of_jesus.htm

Artfuldodger

God promised Abraham that every nation would be blessed through his bloodline. This blessing was for the Gentiles but it still had to come through Abraham.

It had to come out of Israel.

Romans 11:26
and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

gordon 2

God promised Abraham that every nation would be blessed through his bloodline. This blessing was for the Gentiles but it still had to come through Abraham.

It had to come out of Israel.

Romans 11:26
and in this way all Israel will be saved. As it is written: "The deliverer will come from Zion; he will turn godlessness away from Jacob.

And the Deliverer is?

Artfuldodger

To the OP's question, even if we didn't all come from Adam, we still probably all came from some common denominator.

Take the first Caucasian with blond hair and blue eyes. Look at the people of that area of the Caucasian Mountains. I would guess for some reason a blond haired, blue eyed person was born out of the black haired, brown eyed stock.
Well folks are naturally drawn to someone who looks different and those girls in that area are beautiful. So naturally they wanted to mate with them.

Genetics are weird but every once in awhile a baby is born with light skin or red hair. Then that genetic trait is bred for others to follow.

Look what an original ear of corn looked like. Now if it's the time period that it would take for something like this to appear then I can see your point. I'm not sure there was enough time for all of these various genetic mutations to take place.

gordon 2

I didn't think there was, but I was hoping someone may know a scripture reference to the races. I think the absence of such scripture may support the idea that Adam was not the first physically created man.

I don't know how you can or someone else can support the idea of "other races" pointing that Adam was not the first man. I bet someone can, don't get me wrong... I'm not sure I want to know... how to do it...

Nevertheless:

Quote{After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.} end quote.

No mention of race or races here.

Personally the creation account in Genesis is just that an account. It has a special purpose, like other serious accounts like it, that is they account for how we came to be and what is important. They are very condensed or edited which is why it is so easy to suppose items into them which are apart of the intended or greatest most important message they are intended to convey from the people of the past to the people of the present and the future...

In some cultures the creation account is quickly followed by a " why peoples are different account". I suppose the question has been frequent and perhaps natural enough through time to have it there.

Last edited:

welderguy

Ruth? Rahab?

Flesh vs. Spirit?

I stand corrected. Thanks Hummer and Gordon.

Although, Jesus' lineage(not bloodline because of Ruth) through Joseph was completely Jewish, we know Joseph was not His blood father.
And as for Mary's bloodline, as you pointed out, Rahab's gentile blood was intermingled.

In conclusion, it was not about the bloodline but the lineage. Big difference.
The "type" of being a fleshly Jew was a "shadow" of being a spiritual Jew.

hobbs27

Look what an original ear of corn looked like. Now if it's the time period that it would take for something like this to appear then I can see your point. I'm not sure there was enough time for all of these various genetic mutations to take place.

Time is a pretty big issue. I think we can all agree the story of Adam and Eve is traceable by genealogy to be about 6000 years. Not to mention the time becomes even shorter if we take a literal stance on the great flood.

It's really indefensible without any scripture giving us a racial divide story.

hobbs27

I don't know how you can or someone else can support the idea of "other races" pointing that Adam was not the first man. I bet someone can, don't get me wrong... I'm not sure I want to know... how to do it...

Nevertheless:

Quote{After this I looked, and there before me was a great multitude that no one could count, from every nation, tribe, people and language, standing before the throne and before the Lamb. They were wearing white robes and were holding palm branches in their hands.} end quote.

No mention of race or races here.

Personally the creation account in Genesis is just that an account. It has a special purpose, like other serious accounts like it, that is they account for how we came to be and what is important. They are very condensed or edited which is why it is so easy to suppose items into them which are apart of the intended or greatest most important message they are intended to convey from the people of the past to the people of the present and the future...

In some cultures the creation account is quickly followed by a " why peoples are different account". I suppose the question has been frequent and perhaps natural enough through time to have it there.

Gap theory?

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
the different races came into play after the flood, at the Tower of Babel, when people separated according to their speach. You then had family/tribal traits take over and being inbred, those traits became stronger and stronger.

Really, some people have an answer in search of the problem with their biblical beliefs.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Most of the Baptists I grew up around seriously regarded the black race as springing from Ham, the son of Noah, who was cursed by Noah.