If You Are Fishing Lake Hartwell this week, BE VERRRRRRRRYYYYY CAREFUL !!!!!

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
Every day in our local Augusta Chronicle Newspaper, I always glance at the lake levels of ten of the major lakes located within Georgia and South Carolina and I always check Clark Hill Lake (I grew up on Clark Hill Lake in Lincoln County and no, I don't call it Lake Thurmond just because a bunch of idiot Politicians chose to name it after a "Low-Life" Carolina politician).

According to my newspaper yesterday morning, the Lake Hartwell lake level DROPPED FROM 660.O FEET DOWN TO 330.1 FEET DURING THE PREVIOUS 24 HOURS.

Yep, I am thinking that was one heck of ride in your boat for sure. However, in this morning's newspaper, that level rose 330.2 FEET DURING THE PREVIOUS 24 HOURS AND THAT TOOK IT BACK UP to a level of 660.4 feet overnight. Dang, I surely hope that NONE OF YOU lost any of your rods during your fishing excursion and that you didn't get seasick if you happened to be fishing during that period of item.

Now for the real question......Why would anybody hire such an incompetent person to "supposedly" furnish this information to the public as such ????? I'm thinking that there must be a new job opening in the office today if I had my way.

ps: I hope that you didn't sink your boat during the past 48 hours if you were fishing there. facepalm::hair::pop::rofl:

GTMODawg

BANNED
That'd be a big tide at the north pole!

Would that Google earth had been doing imagery though.....every brish pile and rock on the lake would be a click away from being public knowledge....

ghadarits

That’s the Corpe for you. I just wish that was the upper limit of their sillyness. I really wish they’d do something about the wakeboard. If the Corpe was really as concerned about shoreline erosion those boats would be banned.

GTMODawg

BANNED
That’s the Corpe for you. I just wish that was the upper limit of their sillyness. I really wish they’d do something about the wakeboard. If the Corpe was really as concerned about shoreline erosion those boats would be banned.

Boats banned and the owners rounded up and sent to re-education camps. I normally would be opposed to such drastic action but those things need to be banned and the owners need to be taught some common sense and manners that they missed somehow. As soon as we get them on the straight and narrow we go for the floating chainsaw AKA PWC crowd. The world was a far better place when the former did not exist at all and the latter were so rare as to be a novelty when one appeared.....

There's a name for the phenomenon but I don't remember what it is called.

When you read a newspaper (or news report on radio, tv, internet) and the article is about something you are a subject matter expert on, say you are a welder and the article is about welding. You get done with the article and think "half of this was innaccurate, misstated, or flat wrong". Then you move on to the next article about a subject you are not an expert in, and take it as truth at face value.

GTMODawg

BANNED
Now apply that reasoning to everything else you read in the newspaper and cancel your subscription.

News papers probably deserve a break....even the AJC is only making about $3 a year. If you read it and pay attention to spelling and grammar it gives one hope that 5 year old's are learning to write, no matter how badly, at such a tender age and finding gainful employment as journalists. The editors must be about 6 judging from the editing or lack thereof....

News papers probably deserve a break....even the AJC

a98c8e9e-f9f4-4bc8-81c3-24a1411331c7_text.gif

News papers probably deserve a break....even the AJC is only making about $3 a year. If you read it and pay attention to spelling and grammar it gives one hope that 5 year old's are learning to write, no matter how badly, at such a tender age and finding gainful employment as journalists. The editors must be about 6 judging from the editing or lack thereof....

Newspapers have been dead for 20 years. The ones that still operate have benefactors, none of them make money. Even 20 years ago I got to see some industry insider research through ABC (audit bureau of circulation) that said half of newspaper subscribers were only subscribed for the $100 of coupons in the Sunday edition. Other than buying one for a World Series memento, UGA national championship, or a particular obituary of a loved one, I don't understand why anyone would still read a newspaper.

GTMODawg

BANNED
The demise of local newspapers has been devastating to political discourse in the United States. The only thing keeping local politicians remotely honest was fear of being splashed across the front page of the gazette. Like it or not if you took the paper you would find information in your home you might disagree with....we have to look for that kind of info today and very few folks make the effort. I buy 10 subscriptions to various newspapers across the country as Christmas presents to my crazy conspiracy nut relatives, in their names, and have them shipped to their homes LOL. If you are going to load my email inbox with stories of baby eating lizard politicians by god your going to find the Washington Post in your mailbox with your name on the address along with a bunch of junk mail from senders who bought your name and address from the Washington Post and think you are a subscriber by choice. I can't wait for the day when my crazy uncle has to look his mail carrier in the eye after receiving that thing in the mail! It would be worse than getting a shipment from an adult novelty store not wrapped in discreet packaging!

the Lackster

So do I need to look for stairs going to
the water in russell, clarks hill, or the atlantic?? Tugaloo river must have been ripping ??

Rabun

Last time I subscribed to the AJC it was only for the TV guide and funnies. Don’t need the guide anymore and must have grown out of the funny phase. Other than that it would start my charcoal pretty good. That was about the extent of the AJC’s usefulness for me. But that’s just my factual opinion.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
Last time I subscribed to the AJC it was only for the TV guide and funnies. Don’t need the guide anymore and must have grown out of the funny phase. Other than that it would start my charcoal pretty good. That was about the extent of the AJC’s usefulness for me. But that’s just my factual opinion.
Last time I subscribed was when I had a 4 x 6 x 6 feet tall bird cage with 14 Cockatiels in it. Bout the only use I've ever had for that rag.

greg_n_clayton

That sounds like a misprint ! No way they could raise Hartwell that much in that little bit of time !