If you live near or pass by Menards EDIT: New deal now at Rural King Edit again: Ground blind at Rural King

slow motion

Muddy & Big Game Stands have the same or very similar “no frills” single ladder stands for way more $$$. So that Rivers Edge is not a bad deal at all at those Menards prices…. As long as you keep your butt strapped into that sucker.
I agree. Thought posting it might help someone. I personally prefer the 1.5 stands but I'm old and fat and fortunate to be able to afford more expensive stands. But not everyone ticks those same boxes. I've definitely hunted from worse. Homemade wooden stands. Bakers. I had a Homemade imitation Baker. Try not to forget my humble beginnings.

NWS

I agree. Thought posting it might help someone. I personally prefer the 1.5 stands but I'm old and fat and fortunate to be able to afford more expensive stands. But not everyone ticks those same boxes. I've definitely hunted from worse. Homemade wooden stands. Bakers. I had a Homemade imitation Baker. Try not to forget my humble beginnings.
Yes. I remember the Bakers and Lock-ons that leave you hanging near the side.

That no frills Rivers Edge stand is probably designed for the midwestern bow hunter up north, who doesn’t want too many obstacles in his way when he’s drawing his bow. Rivers Edge is a Wisconsin company and of course WI and other Midwest states have an extremely long bow season which runs through the first few weeks of November before the firearm season kicks in so the bow hunting up there is during the peak rutting time which can be nonstop at times. Some archery hunters I am sure probably like having a stand like that so nothing is in their way as they get ready for that Midwest rutting buck / bucks to be moving by. Plus other stand companies like Big Game, Muddy, etc sell similar no frills stands like that so it’s not like Rivers Edge has the monopoly on a stand like that. A stand like that should not be a surprise to anybody. I would say that deal at Menards is one heckuva deal if you need that type of a stand. Thanks for posting.

Last edited:

Jim Thompson

Live From The Tree
Yeah that style ladder has been around forever and marketed by a bunch of companies. This may be the best price ever, but doesn’t make it any more comfy :rofl:

I love lockons and for many many years I hunted on postage stamp stands with much smaller seats.

Yeah I’m still out on the little tiny stands these days.

Now quit whining Dale and post as many good deals as you find. Someone somewhere will find a use for it :D

Last edited:

slow motion

Tractor Supply had several good deals on ladder stands. Seem to have sold out at this point on those listed >120 such as the Muddy 1.5. Tried to order some this morning and no go.

Glenn

I bought one of these years ago and ended up having to modify it with a shooting rail and grab bars on the side. The way it is built you felt like you were sliding off of it no matter how much of a lean you put in it.

I’d pay extra for one with the shooting bar already on it.

slow motion

No Rural King stores in Ga. but there are in several bordering states. Still basic but cheap.Screenshot_20240117-170133_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20240117-170026_Google.jpg

Jim Boyd

Hard to have too many.

We have an actual grave yard.

Liberty

In have a similar stand and couldn’t stand it for more than 3 hours, even with a pad. I ALWAYS had my harness on. It is laying sideways in the woods now.

catch22

Tough crowd. facepalm:

Guess I'll keep such to myself from now on.
dont beat yourself up slow!! I wouldnt sit in that thing, but it is alot less expensive than a set of climbing sticks. I hunted with a buddy in Illinois for years and they had a bunch of these cheap ladders that substituted for climbing sticks. The had their lock ons mounted just above or to the side.

gma1320

I like a Useles Billy Thread
I picked up a couple of the big game versions of those for bow hunting from Walmart a few years ago for $25 each. I added the lumbar back rest from academy to them and a good cushion and it was not to bad. I could manage to sit about 3-4 hours before I had enough. I mainly hunt from the ground so I have since given them all away.