Illinois Non-resident License

jimbar

Ok, I'll admit I'm not smart enough to figure out what a Non-resident has to pay to hunt in Illinois. Or I haven't found the right page on my phone. Can anyone explain in 1000 words or less what it cost for a Non-resident to bow hunt there and if you have to buy a separate license for firearm and/or muzzleloader?

buckpasser

Ok, I'll admit I'm not smart enough to figure out what a Non-resident has to pay to hunt in Illinois. Or I haven't found the right page on my phone. Can anyone explain in 1000 words or less what it cost for a Non-resident to bow hunt there and if you have to buy a separate license for firearm and/or muzzleloader?

It’s roughly $450 per archery permit last I bought one. Nearly a grand if you want to gun hunt too. Likely sold out of antlered gun tags in most counties by now though.

Deer Fanatic

Cool ? Useless Billy Deer Guide
$474.25 best I remember. I can let ya know in two weeks... You would have to buy a gun permit for shotgun/muzzleloader. Extra $300+ for that. Never bought one so I'm not sure of the exact

Jeetdawg

57.75 for hunting license
411.00 OTC archery
5.50 habitat stamp

There is a separate permit for gun season and it runs 300.50 if there are any left.

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
$474.25 best I remember. I can let ya know in two weeks... You would have to buy a gun permit for shotgun/muzzleloader. Extra $300+ for that. Never bought one so I'm not sure of the exact
This! I have bought both before. Only way to get more than 1 buck tag is to buy and hunt both.

Jim Boyd

Think JeetDawg has it nailed.

I told Jo earlier I thought it was $475.

I gotta pay it this weekend and ain’t looking forward to it!!!!!!

Jim Boyd

Looking at those crazy fees makes you glad Democrats have not yet taken over Georgia.

Unfortunately, the Democrats took over the Chicago area.

The rest of the state is very good folks that treat others well.

Problem is the laws are largely made in the capital, however.

$475 is to me still a bargain. I may whine about the money but the permit is the least of the costs....

Land access is high
Travel is high
Lodging is reasonable per night but when you need 12-14 nights it is high also
Gotta have food
Gotta have some adult beverages
Gotta have Broadheads
The list goes on and on

oppthepop

Unfortunately, the Democrats took over the Chicago area.

The rest of the state is very good folks that treat others well.

Problem is the laws are largely made in the capital, however.

$475 is to me still a bargain. I may whine about the money but the permit is the least of the costs....

Land access is high
Travel is high
Lodging is reasonable per night but when you need 12-14 nights it is high also
Gotta have food
Gotta have some adult beverages
Gotta have Broadheads
The list goes on and on
AND - gotta love it!!!