I'm gonna really miss these little guys.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Is that a yellow bass? I've never caught one.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I've never caught a yellow bass, either.

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
As the OP knows... those little yellow bass are my favorite all time fish. The record is just over 5lb.s, but I wouldn't try that without shore fish'n tackle. Best fight per pound you'll find. One hand size will out fight a 5lb. LM. Taste like bream with BIG shoulders.

Cmp1

BANNED
As the OP knows... those little yellow bass are my favorite all time fish. The record is just over 5lb.s, but I wouldn't try that without shore fish'n tackle. Best fight per pound you'll find. One hand size will out fight a 5lb. LM. Taste like bream with BIG shoulders.
I would love to catch one or three,,,,
Good looking dog X2,,,,

Batjack

Cap`n Jack 1313
The Coosa River has plenty of yellow bass. I was told by a game warden that they were not native but i've never done any research on the sublect
That's about the only area in Ga. that I know of that has them and only from Lock-n-dam west, as far as I can tell from the regs. is that Ga. doesn't even acknowledge their existence, no limit on size or kreel. Plenty from the state line west tho.

little rascal

They only exist in GA for a few miles below the lock and dam west of Rome and not even there year round. I love to catch them chasing white bass! They are excellent table fare!

Actually they are there year round in the Coosa from up river all the way back down to the lake. Especially in the few major creek arms up river. GOTTA fish very small baits to catch them. When they go up the creeks and spawn it's game on, they will fiercely attack anything you throw.

ryork

Actually they are there year round in the Coosa from up river all the way back down to the lake. Especially in the few major creek arms up river. GOTTA fish very small baits to catch them. When they go up the creeks and spawn it's game on, they will fiercely attack anything you throw.

Gotcha! I guess I only catch them from late Feb to late March cause that is pretty much when I'm up there. Once the water level cooperates I start fishing the Hooch coming out of West Point. They are a delicious little fish, I like them better than white bass.