Indiana and Illinois Success

titlewave

Was blessed to be able to Bow hunt in Illinois and shotGun Hunt Indiana last week, with some great success.

Hunted 5 days in illinois and it was very slow with 7 deer seen in 5 days. Day six Pm hunt it turned on with the front that moved in . Between 4-5 pm i saw 9 bucks and 6 does using this mini hwy i was sitting in on a creek . I had deer coming from 360 degrees and was on my feet the whole sit. At 4;45 this giant body deer came in and he looked like a shooter called Split G2 buck . He made it past lane one and came into lane two where i let him have it with my Mission MXB400 . He ran 30 ft turned and looked at my tree then rolled over dead into the creek !!!!!

Went to Indiana the next day and made it in time for teh PM sit , where i saw 4 bucks but really liked my spot so i left my climber for teh AM hunt. That was a great choice as in teh morning it was the greatest hunt of my life seeing over 36 deer and chasing and everything we hunt for . I had 2 decent bucks walk right to my tree that followed my drag in , but held out as i knew there were bigger deer to be had. At 10:30 i see this toad walk out of the thick and headed straight at me, then went broadside at 90 when i stopped him for the shot. He took 3 more steps and all i could see was his hips . He stood there for what seemed for ever and i was worried he would slip back or by so i aimed my 12 guage right at his rear femoral artery and shot him once dropping him in his tracks.

I sat for 10 min watching him and he looked dead as a door nail so i started packing and texting buddies , then look up to see hes alive and trying to get up. He wobbles up and starts to head into the thicket , but i shot him again as he came stumbling into a opening and laid him down for good, but what a tough deer boys !

My buddy sat in my same tree the next morning and killed an even bigger 8 point deer if you can believe that !

Enjoy the pics

Attachments

• indiana2.JPG
    indiana2.JPG
    322.6 KB · Views: 1,203
  • indiana1.JPG
    indiana1.JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 1,168
  • illinois.jpg
    illinois.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 1,191
  • deer3.jpg
    deer3.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 1,197
  • deer5.jpg
    deer5.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 1,161
  • deer7.jpg
    deer7.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 1,199
  • IMG_9972.jpg
    IMG_9972.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 753
Last edited:

badcreek

Congrats on some great hunts and fantastic bucks. By the way, that is a stud of a wahoo in your avatar!!

Cletus T.

Sounds like a grand adventure in the mid-west…….great story and pics to go with it.

I love that pano shot from the stand…..that is killer!

uturn

Great Trip, Story and Trophies!!

Congratulations!!

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited: