Info on water levels

sghoghunter

I’ve been thinking about washing me a shallow well here at my house so I’d have water close to water my trees and possibly have enough to water my garden. Is there a website showing what the depth’s of water in any given area?

buckmanmike

A local well digger could probably give you good info. We are in SWGA and when we had our well dug, he hit water within 20 feet. He bored down to 75-80 feet. It's good tasting water and have never run out in dry weather in the last 20 + years.

Whitefeather

Management Material
I’ve been thinking about washing me a shallow well here at my house so I’d have water close to water my trees and possibly have enough to water my garden. Is there a website showing what the depth’s of water in any given area?
No. It fluctuates seasonally and really depends on the terrain and your elevation. Are you on a hill, are you in a bottom, etc.
As mentioned above you might want to contact a local well driller and he can ballpark it for you.

menhadenman

Some states have record of well depths that were permitted. Don’t know about GA but we’ve checked out how deep neighbors had to go in other states where we lived.

Calling a well driller probably the easier route though.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
I’d ask a well driller, I’m in Dooly and my well has water at 20 feet but my pump sits at 40. People at the river just a few miles away have even shallower wells. My pops old place in East Crisp has a 180 feet deep well.