Is it rare to see a bald eagle in North Georgia (not Rome)?

Mexican Squealer

Had four sitting on top of power poles at the entrance to my neighborhood here on the coast. See ‘em everyday. Got a giant nest on my farm in SC. Neat birds just wish they liked duck meat a little less.

Whitefeather

Management Material
There’s a couple nesting pair at West Point Lake.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I see them frequently. They’re getting to be common again.

Theturtle

BANNED
We have two that I’ve seen a lot over the summer and a good many ospreys too have a nest over a drainage pond down the road

Robust Redhorse

I see them every now and them near Lake Lanier and up into the mountain counties.

I saw a golden once in White County.

I was duck hunting in Arkansas last week and golden eagles were everywhere (following the geese and ducks I suppose).

GA1dad

I'm not sure about the area, but as I've only seen three or four wild ones in my life, I consider every one rare and special! Congrats on all the sightings!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'm not sure about the area, but as I've only seen three or four wild ones in my life, I consider every one rare and special! Congrats on all the sightings!
Go out on Clark's Hill, or almost any other lake in the southeast, and you'll see three or four in one morning.

earlthegoat2

Saw one feasting on roadkill on 17 near Shellmans Bluff.

Rumor is there is a Golden Eagle around my work on Skidaway Island lately. I would like to see it.

I guess I should also add there are dozens of Baldys around Skidaway as well.

The mtn man

See them around chatuge and nottly on a regular basis, seen one the other day in a cow pasture walking around where the farmer feeds hay.

Polkberry

I have seen at least one on every major lake in north ga that I fish regularly. I have heard of ospreys being seen at Carter's but I haven't seen one

Latest posts