Is your wife your partner or your mother

fish hawk

Bass Master
Yea
Dude that works for me has zero say.
He does the cleaning, most cooking, most laundry, most kid care, all yard stuff, and the list goes on.
He says, she is the bread winner and I don't mind her making the call.

I said, your supposed to be a man but if you don't want to be it's cool with me. But I'd slap my wife and promptly file for divorce.

11 years almost and we are good with joint account. Except for the safe money. That's mine to decide. I made it. Its for toys and vacation and fun. If she wants some she asks and I don't recall ever batting and eye or not giving her what she wanted.

She has her chores and I have mine.

We have a new mower per her request.
It's green and yellow and has a nice buck on it. I figured it was the least I could do....
View attachment 925781

Yo drank your beer out of a glass?smh

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
My son had serious back surgery at the age of 23. His girlfriend since 19 years old, now wife stood by his side the whole way. Lots of young girls woulda run.(so I've been told) He had to move back home for two years for recovery. She moved back with her parents and came everyday after work to take care of him. He lost his job as a nurse. She stood by his side with us through it all. That's love. They were finally able to get married last October and have a house nicer than ours. He never gave up and is making a good living.:cool:

What a great story of a good woman's love. Congrats on their success and happiness.

Havana Dude

About to celebrate 27 years, and I must say, I had to stop reading some of this stuff and just post. God blessed me with, not only an extremely beautiful woman, inside and out, but also, with one that has NEVER tried to Mommy me. Have no doubt, we’ve had our share of problems, and money has been the biggest. It seems as though this is a very huge problem among men these days. I believe they fear that crossing them will result in, let’s just say, less lovin. I cautioned my wife about that early in our relationship to never do that. She never has. I’ll never be treated like that, and if it starts here, we’ll deal with it and fix it, or I’ll pack it up and haul it out of here.

holton27596

In Ga, part of the process in order to get a divorce is you have to take a class.

Not so. I know a lot of folks around here divorced, none of them had to take a class.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I still laugh every time I think about the story you told me about running into your ex wife, she spoke to you and you didn't even know who she was!!!:rofl:

Yeah, that firmly reinforced my opinion that I made the right decision. :bounce:

BTW, you're still always welcome on my property, especially if you bring a steak and a git-tar and some of that good clear tunin' fluid. :D

The mtn man

Yeah, that firmly reinforced my opinion that I made the right decision. :bounce:

BTW, you're still always welcome on my property, especially if you bring a steak and a git-tar and some of that good clear tunin' fluid. :D

Haha, will do!!

One joint account for the main bills and food. One separate account for her and an account for me. It works good. But, she doesn't blow money, and neither do I. I hunt, we fish, we farm and garden. We believe in all the same things.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
Not so. I know a lot of folks around here divorced, none of them had to take a class.

I think the class they make you take is relevant to co-parenting in a split home. Maybe it's a county thing. I know my county makes erybody take it.

Possum

Banned
I think the class they make you take is relevant to co-parenting in a split home. Maybe it's a county thing. I know my county makes erybody take it.

That is correct. Class is required if you have kids. But maybe it is a county and not a state thing?

Hooked On Quack

REV`REND DR LUV
Give and take, 29yrs here. She shoulda kilt me along time ago.

And we would be right too. My first wife was Hitler's long lost younger sister. I was her first and she's been through 3 more husbands after me.

You bring up an interesting point. If you are dating and someone says they've been married 4 times, do you run? On another note: My wife and I work well together because neither of us "need" the other one.......We choose to be together......

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
You bring up an interesting point. If you are dating and someone says they've been married 4 times, do you run? On another note: My wife and I work well together because neither of us "need" the other one.......We choose to be together......

If someone has failed at marriage 3 or 4 times and their x-spouses have since successfully re-married, then that makes that someone the common denominator and you should run as far and as fast from them as possible.

MudDucker

Staff member
35 years and I control the checkbook and my life. This doesn't mean that I'm not considerate of her requests, but she don't rule this roost and never has.

HuntDawg

One of the things that was attractive to me was the lifelong friendships that my wife had and still does today. One from grammar school, two from high school, 3 from college, 1 from church, and 1 from her career. These Women LOVE my wife. When my mother in-law passed away in Ohio a couple of years ago, all 8 of these women were at the funeral from all across the country. I trust these women as I trust my wife. These are good people.

With that said, my wife having a LIFE before me was important to me. To know she has true friends is important to me. We have a great marriage. If she wants to go to the mountains or the beach for a girls weekend, she gives me the dates, and if nothing is on the calender, she goes. Have a great time. Same with me for hunting trips. Heck, I guess our only problem is she misses our dog when I take her with me duck hunting, but she is happy our pup gets to do what she was born to do.

I had a guy who I invited to go on a 3 day duck hunt in Mississippi months in advance. He got back with me and actually said, "My wife will not let me". I then asked him, "Has your wife ever asked you to do something and you would not let her?"

Crickets. We all know the answer to that one. He lost his future invites, and I will be sure we will never get together as couples. Not my cup of tea.