It has begun..

Al White

Wow, where can I begin to start. This weekend we had 17 hunters and alot of excitement. Grunting, fighting, chasing, bears, lots of deer, and above all - had a great time. We ended up having 2 bucks killed, 5 doe killed, and 2 bucks missed. One of the guys shot an 8 pointer at about 30 yards. He had been rattling off and on all morning. About 10 minutes after the 8 pointer was down, a 5 pointer comes up and attacks him! Well, the 5 pointer is making alot of ruckus and draws the attention of another 8 pointer, whom proceeds to come in and whip the snot out of the 5 pointer, even breaking the little guys rack clean off!! Another hunter shot a nice 10 pointer yesterday morning, nose on the ground, neck swollen, etc. -I'll post a pic at the end- Saturday evening a big buck ran by another guy in a stand, chasing a doe. The guy takes a shot but hits nothing but air. After we got all of the hunters out Sat. morning, myself, Rambo, and my brother went out to check on some cows. Rambo MISSED the biggest buck that I have ever seen. We also saw a 8 pointer in one hay field acting all stupid. He actually ran towards us, got into the middle of the field and starting running around like a bird dog in circles with his nose on the ground. Sorry for the long post, but long story short, the RUT IS ON!! :yeah:

Attachments

• DSCN1477.JPG
    DSCN1477.JPG
    31.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:

Al33

Very exciting post Al!

Sounds like an awesome weekend. The combination of a new moon, cool temps, at this time of year is perfect.

Al