It's A New Year Oglethorpe Co 2015

kmax

Nice deer. Congratulations to him!

We've seen some good chasing activity the last couple of days just South of Lexington. Several like the one pictured below were checking scrapes regularly until just a few days ago. The cameras haven't shown them on the scrapes anymore since the rain quit, and cooler weather moved in. I would think they're mostly locked in on does now.

Attachments

• WGI_0019 Paint.jpg
    WGI_0019 Paint.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 220

Triple C

BD...Congrats to your son! Awesome double buck morning! Just got back from 3 days of hunting. Lots of deer seen. My son took our largest to date this morning. I'll post up pics and the story later today.

Triple C

Pretty good buck...

Yesterday morning my son was set up in a loc-on on edge of swamp. Bottom land hardwoods and beaver sloughs. Bout 7:30 a doe comes from back in the swamp at a steady trot. Not far behind her was this big guy giving chase. Buck ends up at 5 yds from his stand. Steep angle for an arrow but spot on in the shot. Buck ran bout 30 yds and piled up in sight.

We hunted from Wednesday afternoon until Saturday morning. Lots of deer movement. I'll post up pics of the "swamp scene" later tonite.
image.jpg

deerbuster

Great deer! I'll be up the week of Thanksgiving, what kind of activity should I expect to see?

Buford_Dawg

That is a nice buck CCC

Congrats to your son. My buddy took another big 12 of our clouds creek club yesterday afternoon. It should score in the high 130s/low 140s. And we had a young man miss a deer sitting with his dad and his dad claims it was the biggest deer he has seen in GA and he has seen a lot of good ones. Yesterday was crazy good, as a group of 6 of us, we ended up seeing over 20 bucks total, 3 very nice bucks harvested and 2 other shooters missed and 2 shooters let walk by the hunter. I let a very promising 8 point go by me last night hoping it would go by my youngest son sitting down the ridge from me. It didn't show up for him :hammers: I don't recall ever seeing a day in the woods like we saw yesterday, it was special :clap: Heck, we probably want see many more deer this year, but that one day made a season.

Buford_Dawg

Based on previous years...

Great deer! I'll be up the week of Thanksgiving, what kind of activity should I expect to see?

I believe you might still run into a few bucks still chasing. My youngest son killed a good 8 2 years ago the day before Thanksgiving pushing a doe hard. Actually, there were 3 bucks pushing her that AM. I will be in the woods all next week as well, so we will find out.

jbird1

Great bucks, y'all! Stang, our weekend went about like yours so I feel you're pain. Our woods were dead when just a few days ago they were chasing good. We'll be after 'em next weekend again so have our fingers crossed.

kmax

The bucks were cruising and chasing does all over our property this morning just South of Lexington. My son was able to get the one pictured here, and it was chasing a doe as well.

Attachments

• Michaels Deer 111515 paint.jpg
    Michaels Deer 111515 paint.jpg
    169.8 KB · Views: 442

Triple C

deerbuster...Agree with BD's assessment. 2nd week of November has been magical on our place the last few years and this year was no different. Thanksgiving may not be quite the chasing but still good. Seems like we're seeing more does on our place. We've hardly taken any does the past few years and it's paying dividends.

Triple C

The bucks were cruising and chasing does all over our property this morning just South of Lexington. My son was able to get the one pictured here, and it was chasing a doe as well.

kmax...Congrats to your son. Very nice buck! Lots of memory maker moments for dads and sons this year in OC!!!

Broncobird

Buford Dawg Is your club close to Sandy Cross? Trying to figure out if any of you all are in our area we are on Dora Bushhill rd there is a big club before you get to us and clouds creek run across the back of our property.

frdstang90

Great bucks, y'all! Stang, our weekend went about like yours so I feel you're pain. Our woods were dead when just a few days ago they were chasing good. We'll be after 'em next weekend again so have our fingers crossed.
Yep maybe next weekend. I sat in stand until 2:00 today and only saw two small bucks around 10:20. Definitely wasn't the weekend I had hoped for.

hicktownboy

Looks like cooler temps this upcoming weekend. Planning on putting some hours in the stand Saturday and Sunday.

benbishop6602

Good luck this weekend in oglethorpe co

Looks like cooler temps this upcoming weekend. Planning on putting some hours in the stand Saturday and Sunday.

Good luck this weekend
. Has it been slow in Oglethorpe too ? Ive seen 0 rut activity in Meriwether county this year so far ?