Jay Gregory’s take on CWD

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Can you just give us a couple sentence summary?
That the whole CWD scare tactic is horse manure . And it’s just another way to generate money , especially the millions of government funding for testing and such . And it’s useless ! Pretty much sums it up :pop:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry, but Jay Gregory is an idiot, IMO. As long as captive deer farming is legal, this crap will keep spreading. It is not a hoax, it is not a non-issue, it is not a "scare tactic." It is horrible, and very real. And 100% fatal. But nobody seems to care, as long as rich folks can pay big money to kill 200" bucks on high-fence places. Money talks.

buckpasser

That the whole CWD scare tactic is horse manure . And it’s just another way to generate money , especially the millions of government funding for testing and such . And it’s useless ! Pretty much sums it up :pop:

I believe you’re correct about money generation. The money is being generated by the deer hunting industry and they’re afraid it might dry up. The money is scared, as it should be. If you haven’t researched prion diseases, maybe just don’t. They are totally outside the bounds of medicine/science’s understanding both in mode and transmission. They always kill the host and could most certainly reduce the quality and quantity of the GA deer herd at some point. I’m not ready to blow it off yet. I’d need to see some data proving they even fully understand it first.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I believe you’re correct about money generation. The money is being generated by the deer hunting industry and they’re afraid it might dry up. The money is scared, as it should be. If you haven’t researched prion diseases, maybe just don’t. They are totally outside the bounds of medicine/science’s understanding both in mode and transmission. They always kill the host and could most certainly reduce the quality and quantity of the GA deer herd at some point. I’m not ready to blow it off yet. I’d need to see some data proving they even fully understand it first.
And can live in the soil for at least 50-60 years. Measuring and worshiping deer horns for competition and ego-stoking is probably what will kill deer hunting as we know it. CWD is not a joke.

buckpasser

And can live in the soil for at least 50-60 years. Measuring and worshiping deer horns for competition and ego-stoking is probably what will kill deer hunting as we know it. CWD is not a joke.

It is very resilient. Not to mention, they can’t really say what the incubation might be in a human (if that’s even possible) or if it is 100% for sure not able to cross the human barrier.

I’m not down on trophy hunting/trophy management, etc, but I’m totally opposed to pen raising deer, for any reason.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
It is very resilient. Not to mention, they can’t really say what the incubation might be in a human (if that’s even possible) or if it is 100% for sure not able to cross the human barrier.

I’m not down on trophy hunting/trophy management, etc, but I’m totally opposed to pen raising deer, for any reason.
Preach on it. CWD transmission is pretty much 100% a captive deer moving scenario. I am not down on trophy hunting either, until it gets to the point where it's a money racket that starts killing deer off for the rest of us who don't really care whether that buck we shot was a 120" or a 148 2/8 ".

buckpasser

I did just take time to watch the video. I will say that were it to be found here, there is no sense in trying to “kill” it out IMO. Suspend feeding? Sure. Kill the deer to an ultra low population to “prevent” spread? Sounds like a waste of time. @C.Killmaster can you share anything about the procedure if we ever get the bad news?

Last edited:

sghoghunter

Sorry, but Jay Gregory is an idiot, IMO. As long as captive deer farming is legal, this crap will keep spreading. It is not a hoax, it is not a non-issue, it is not a "scare tactic." It is horrible, and very real. And 100% fatal. But nobody seems to care, as long as rich folks can pay big money to kill 200" bucks on high-fence places. Money talks.

Has there been 1 confirmed documented case of a CWD death? Not one that was killed and had CWD but one that died from it.

buckpasser

That’s a great question. It’s surprisingly difficult to find a video of a deer in the “final stage” of CWD on YouTube, which seems odd to me. Seems like there would be a bunch of evidence of badly debilitated deer on film…has me curious as to why there isn’t.

buckpasser

Has there been 1 confirmed documented case of a CWD death? Not one that was killed and had CWD but one that died from it.

This study days 17 of their study deer died OF clinical CWD.

buckpasser

If this graph from the study I posted is actual data, it’s disturbing.

9D1C99E6-16DD-4F68-B43E-7A3F7F016195.jpeg

sghoghunter

This study days 17 of their study deer died OF clinical CWD.

Everything I read in that article sounded like a study and testing for CWD.

buckpasser

Everything I read in that article sounded like a study and testing for CWD.

It was a study of collared and tracked deer, with and without CWD. The surviving deer were recaptured each year for study and continued testing. 17 of the participants died during the study OF CWD, so Mr. Gregory has his answer for “has one deer died of CWD?”.

sghoghunter

It was a study of collared and tracked deer, with and without CWD. The surviving deer were recaptured each year for study and continued testing. 17 of the participants died during the study OF CWD, so Mr. Gregory has his answer for “has one deer died of CWD?”.

So it was like a COVID death then,died with COVID

Latest posts