Jehovah's Witnesses

j_seph

I worked on a beer route with a JW, I was his helper. I simply asked him one day "What are y'alls beliefs, not that I want to change just curious" For sure strange, they do not celebrate birthdays, or recognize holidays yet they will take a holiday pay or bonus. Said the recognized wedding anniversaries because that was the only thing we done under God's eyes. I am sorry but the good Lord gave me my first breathe!

Mako22

BANNED
Some of their false doctrines:

1.Jesus Christ is not God. Rather, he is Michael the archangel.

2.The Holy Spirit is not a person, but an "active force." J.W.'s are unitarians, denying the Trinity.

3.When you're dead, you're dead. Man has no eternal soul, any more than animals.

4.Jesus Christ was not raised bodily from the grave, but was recreated as a new "spirit body."

5.Jesus returned invisibly in 1914. There is no "visible coming" planned in the future.

6.There is no Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----Edited to Remove Profanity ----. Just like animals, when we die, it is over.

7.Only 144,000 people achieve heaven. The rest, faithful Witnesses who have died, will be recreated on earth during the kingdom of the "New World."

Dr. Walter Martin author of The Kingdom of the Cults back in 1988.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
When I tell them I am Catholic they leave real quick.

I just tell them I believe Jesus is God and they leave as quick as they came.

Either works equally fast.

However, I would add I doubt that the actions at the funeral are the norm. I know some great JW.

1gr8bldr

They have some beliefs about blood and transfussions???

fish hawk

Bass Master
They have some beliefs about blood and transfussions???

Yea they wont receive blood or give it no matter what.They could be laid up in the hospital about to bleed to death and still wouldn't take it.Or their youngun could be about to bleed to death and they still wouldn't give it.They also hate the government...Their also an elitist bunch as they believe they are the only ones that are saved and the rest of us are lost,therefore they think their better than everyone else....I know a heap bunch other stuff about em as my mom is one.She will not stand at the pledge of allegiance to the flag or take part in any type of public prayer and dare not step foot in our Baptist church.....And as for as the witnessing goes ,it is a requirement they go around every Saturday morning and have a specific area they have to cover and they keep up with who and where everyone went and the hours they were out witnessing.also dont ever show up at a kingdom hall for the meeting in anything other than a suit for the men or a dress for the women or they will look down their nose at you.They also frown heavily on the men having any type facial hair....Thank God I didnt get caught up in her works based religion and have been set free by the free gift from God.Oh and dont ever call God God they call him Jehovah or call the Bible the Bible that just aint right in their eyes.....

BANDERSNATCH

Kingdom Greek Interlinear

Jesus speaking here...

John 14:13 - And whatsoever ye shall ask me in the name of me, ....

This shows that Jesus expected to be prayed to.

Randy

I used to work wiht a JW on the sort line at UPS during college. We talked all night every night. He told me all about their beliefs. He brought me lotsof books including the watch tower to read. While I did not agree with most of it he was a nice enough guy and we agreed to disagree. And while he did not celebrate Christmas or Birthdays he was quick to accept (but not give) any presents saying these were gifts from people for being friends?

BANDERSNATCH

The time to 'reach' a JW is BEFORE they are baptised as Witnesses. Once they become a witness, they are no longer allowed to view 'negative' articles or the plethora of ex-Witness sites on the web.

When they begin studying with the JW's, they will be told that Satan will use others (friends, family, websites, etc) to degrade the Watchtower organization and JW's as a whole. DUH!!! Ya think??? lol When people start bad-mouthing the Watchtower is just makes it look like the 'prophesy' was right. They no longer can behave as the Berean church did...

Acts 17:11 - These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

I'm curious....can the former JW's who are watching this thread tell us what led them to 'apostatize' and leave the organization?

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I am wondering if all the folks criticizing JW's see the irony in the situation. Non-believers use similar arguments against Christians.

JB0704

I Gots Goats
We (normal non-cult christians) can defend ourselves. they cannot.

Only a Christian would agree....think about it. They can defend themselves too, just not according to you. There are "bad Christians" just like there are "bad JW's."

JB0704

I Gots Goats
I've never met a JW that I thought was a bad person.....

...I had one really get upset at me one day for saying "merry Christmas." I didn't know he was JW, and I was just going with the season. But, I don't hold it against them all. I'm sure some Christian out there gets upset about similar things.

Huntinfool

Live and let live, right? Our way is no better than theirs....or at least it's not for us to judge.