Jerusalem the capital of Israel?

hobbs27

I suspect that life being so busy few are making a point to count the dead and wounded so far...?? and I understand that some are not counting cause they could care less? But I'm betting some are and Oh! the headlines today : " Turkey aims to open embassy in East Jerusalem"? Hum!:huh:

Gordon... Israel is a strange political partner for the US. I don't get it. The Republican Party by majority supports Israel.....The Jewish community in the US by majority supports the Democrat party...

Israel is just a mess that will never be solved.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
yeah, the Israel/Arab issue will be solved.

I don't think it will be long either in coming. I believe that Prez DJT declaring Jerusalem the eternal capital of Israel will probably solidify the Arabs into a block that comes against Israel.

hobbs27

yeah, the Israel/Arab issue will be solved.

I don't think it will be long either in coming. I believe that Prez DJT declaring Jerusalem the eternal capital of Israel will probably solidify the Arabs into a block that comes against Israel.

nothing has worked since we declared them a state in 1948. It's a perpetual fight and constant blood bath. Has been since the beginning of Israel in 1948, always will be, unless Iran nukes them.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
It has been going on a lot longer than since 1948. But it will quickly come to a head, and be settled. This has been going on since around 560ad

hobbs27

It has been going on a lot longer than since 1948. But it will quickly come to a head, and be settled. This has been going on since around 560ad

Not this. In 1867 Mark Twain visited palestine and wrote about a desolate country.

""..... A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds... a silent mournful expanse.... a desolation.... we never saw a human being on the whole route.... hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country."
(The Innocents Abroad, p. 361-362)"

all that is there now in what we recognize as Israel, is a result of Zionism

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Not this. In 1867 Mark Twain visited palestine and wrote about a desolate country.

""..... A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds... a silent mournful expanse.... a desolation.... we never saw a human being on the whole route.... hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country."
(The Innocents Abroad, p. 361-362)"

all that is there now in what we recognize as Israel, is a result of Zionism

I was speaking of the muslim/jewish turmoil that has been going on since before 600ad.

I know your beliefs in Israel, and you get so many facts wrong. You do know that jews actually went in before the 48 decree and purchased land in the Jezreel valley that was basically swamp land. They drained it, and now it is some of the most fertile land in the middle east. A lot of land was purchased, and now the arabs want it all back, because they have seen what the jews were able to do with it. I wonder why, on the other side of the Jordan river, they aren't doing the same thing as Israel does on the west side. They have the land and the knowledge is available for them to make Jordan a lush nation, but they haven't done it.

Go on with your hatred of Israel, and your belief that there are no jews there. Support those arabs that call themselves palestinians (not such group of people have ever existed) and watch what happens.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
if the arabs controlled it for centuries, and it was such a fertile land, why didn't the arabs do something to improve the land for all those hundreds of years they had between 70ad and 1948??????

hobbs27

I don't support the Muslim's or the Jew's. I'd like to bring them all to Jesus, because they are both heathens.... I don't hate either, but facts are facts and can be rather blunt at times.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
how can you want a race. that you say doesn't exist, to come to Jesus?

hobbs27

how can you want a race. that you say doesn't exist, to come to Jesus?

Those people that claim to be Jew's, need Jesus, so do all other false religions.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
So, now Judaism is a false religion?

The religion that Jesus practiced is a false religion

hobbs27

So, now Judaism is a false religion?

The religion that Jesus practiced is a false religion

of course, but it's not the religion Jesus practiced, it Rabbinic Judaism created after the temple destruction. Any religion that doesn't point to Christ as the way... Which is what Christ practiced, is a false religion.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
of course, but it's not the religion Jesus practiced, it Rabbinic Judaism created after the temple destruction. Any religion that doesn't point to Christ as the way... Which is what Christ practiced, is a false religion.

so, up until 70ad Judaism was a true religion, but then after the temple was destroyed, it became a false religion, because?????

Do you not know that Judaism does point to redemption from sin by a savior, and that some Jews have seen this and accept Jesus, but others have be blinded by the truth until the time of the gentiles be fulfilled? Oh yeah... I forgot... 70ad....

Jews didn't invent a new religion just because the temple was destroyed. They followed the laws of Moses as much as was possible even after the temple was destroyed.

Even Jesus said that he didn't come to destroy the law, (Judaism) but to fulfill it.

hobbs27

so, up until 70ad Judaism was a true religion, but then after the temple was destroyed, it became a false religion, because?????

Do you not know that Judaism does point to redemption from sin by a savior, and that some Jews have seen this and accept Jesus, but others have be blinded by the truth until the time of the gentiles be fulfilled? Oh yeah... I forgot... 70ad....

Jews didn't invent a new religion just because the temple was destroyed. They followed the laws of Moses as much as was possible even after the temple was destroyed.

Even Jesus said that he didn't come to destroy the law, (Judaism) but to fulfill it.

up until 70 ad, they still had hope. Those that refused to believe Christ is Lord paid the price.

The old covenant was still with them, but was about to vanish. Hebrews 8:13

It became a false religion because they did not recognize Christ as the Messiah, as the Son of God, therefore they were no longer worshipping God, but had begun to worship Rome.. " We have no king but Caesar "

I'm glad some Jew's are coming to Jesus... I recently watched a man read a chapter of Isaiah to these rabbinic Jew, and they marveled at that chapter ( can't remember which one right now), but it's a chapter Rabbis do not teach, and if I'm not mistaken is taken out of the tanakh.

Jew's admit their religion , rabbinic Judaism, was invented after the Temple destruction.

And Jesus has fulfilled the Law.

Last edited:

hobbs27

hobbs27

To be fair and honest. Muslim's can also find Christ in their Quran.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
Jew's admit their religion , rabbinic Judaism, was invented after the Temple destruction.

And Jesus has fulfilled the Law.

I have talked to several rabbis and lots of jews. Although I have never asked this question, I doubt that any of them would agree that their present day religion was invented after 70ad. They are reading the same Torah and practicing as closely as possible its teaching, so my thoughts are that they would claim to be following the religion of Abraham, as recorded by Moses in the Torah.

I too, am praying for the jews to find Jesus as savior, and we support missionaries in Israel to that end. We do approach Israeli's differently than some other nationalities. The jews have a distrust of Christians because of the way some people have treated them over the years, and some of them mistakenly lump most gentiles together as Christian, regardless if they are followers or not. Some even say Hitler was a Christian.

So, we supply bomb shelters, clothing, food, toiletries and such. We go into west bank neighborhoods and meet practical needs. And then when they have accepted that we are there as friends, not enemies, they are much more open to listen to us. This type of ministry is very labor intensive, and takes a lot of time.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
up until 70 ad, they still had hope. Those that refused to believe Christ is Lord paid the price.

so, are you saying that between the death of Christ, and 70ad, that following judaism would still result in salvation in the end? That up until 70ad, because the temple still stood and sacrifices were going on, there was redemption from sin because of those sacrifices, just as in the 1600 or so years prior to this?

I am taking it that you do believe that there was remission of sins in the prescribed sacrifices that God laid out in the Torah???

hobbs27

so, are you saying that between the death of Christ, and 70ad, that following judaism would still result in salvation in the end? That up until 70ad, because the temple still stood and sacrifices were going on, there was redemption from sin because of those sacrifices, just as in the 1600 or so years prior to this?

I am taking it that you do believe that there was remission of sins in the prescribed sacrifices that God laid out in the Torah???

There was no permanent or individual redemption of sin in the Torah. Otherwise they wouldn't have needed a resurrection and judgment.

It's really simple. God cleaned house. Christianity is the remnant, the true believers , the continuation of God's relationship with man.

Rabbinic Judaism, and Islam were all created in the absence of the Temple.