Jetties at Perdido Pass, AL

xdguy226

Anyone ever fish the jetties at Perdido Pass, Al? I'll be going there in October with the family and I was wandering what would be the best way to fish it? Thanks

been thru that pass many times in a boat, have never fished it. there is always a LOT of baitfish under the bridge and at the gulf end of the jetties. Most people I have seen are bottom fishing under or near the bridge. But should be fish moving up and down the rocks. Depending on the moon phase, you may need some 2 or 3 oz weight. On full or new moon, the water moves pretty fast thru there. Its a narrow pass.
Good Luck

The mtn man

It's swift for sure, I've fished it several times, it's like anything else fish are either there biting, or their not.

westcobbdog

Just back from a week fishing at Gulf Shores, drove over to the pass 3 or 4 days straight, fished mostly off the rocks and also some off the beach at the rocks.
Caught some nice fish mostly off gold and silver spoons and a few bass plugs. Had our line broken more than a few times, changed all rods to 20lb spider wire and still had it snap a few times. Our best fishing was early and when the fish were inshore chasing bait.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Live shrimp. There are a lot of Grey snapper around those rocks. You might pick up a Redfish or two, and black drum.