Just got home

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Great Pics 4 and a fine looking family.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
We headed to Big Stone gap with a couple of our kids next week. We gonna take them to that place where you can step on the junction of Kentucky, Virginia, and Tennessee.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Love to visit the Mountains, but I am a flatlander and like to see the edge of the world.

normaldave

GON Weatherman
Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail?- One of the best "old school" ways to see the Smokies. You get a bit of everything and tons of history in one small package. Often overlooked by modern visitors to Gatlinburg. Looks like a Cades Cove shot there too. Great Trip!
Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail

The "dog trot" log cabin always amazes me. I'm only 5'11" and I feel like a giant in that home. Our elders were generally small and wiry in the day. I guess working all day just to eat/feed the family kept you in good shape, unlike today working behind a computer screen or a windshield.

fireman32

"Useless Billy" Fire Chief.
Great pics, we were up there last week. Just me and the bride, going back with the family in a few weeks. Love hiking in the mountains. We did Roaring Fork and the Ogle home place.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail?- One of the best "old school" ways to see the Smokies. You get a bit of everything and tons of history in one small package. Often overlooked by modern visitors to Gatlinburg. Looks like a Cades Cove shot there too. Great Trip!
Roaring Fork Motor Nature Trail

The "dog trot" log cabin always amazes me. I'm only 5'11" and I feel like a giant in that home. Our elders were generally small and wiry in the day. I guess working all day just to eat/feed the family kept you in good shape, unlike today working behind a computer screen or a windshield.
Yep. Roaring Fork. We went to Cades Cove 2 days (as usual). I'd like to find some other cool mountain rides up there.
Weather was awesome!

4HAND

Staff member
I posted this pic in the "Random pics with a cell phone" thread several days ago.
That was Wed morning on our condo balcony. Temp was mid to upper 50's. We went to Cades Cove that day & the high was 64°.Screenshot_20190724-074931_Gallery.jpg

4HAND

Staff member
Man it was hard to go back to work this morning after being in the Smokies.

I'm thinking in about 6 years (or sooner ?) I'm gonna settle into retirement quite nicely.

Duff

Looks like a great trip!!