Kiffin calls Meyer a cheater...

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
National signing day has come and gone, and Tennessee coach Lane Kiffin is still chirping.

Kiffin
During a recruiting breakfast attended by more than 1,000 people on Thursday morning at the Knoxville Convention Center, Kiffin accused Florida coach Urban Meyer of a recruiting violation and gloated that the Vols were still able to get receiver Nu'Keese Richardson away from the Gators.

Kiffin, as reported by Volquest.com, said, "Just so you know, when a recruit's on another campus, you can't call a recruit on another campus. I love the fact that Urban had to cheat, and still didn't get him (Richardson). Great job, man!"

According to Kiffin, Richardson's phone kept ringing while he was on his official visit to Tennessee, and Richardson told the Vols' coaches that it was Meyer calling him.

Kiffin also delighted in telling the crowd how the Vols, specifically assistant Eddie Gran, simply outmaneuvered the Gators in getting Richardson to leave the state of Florida. Tennessee's coaches told Richardson to keep telling everybody that he was still committed to Florida, which he had been since last May.

"You can't understand how hard this is to get done," Kiffin said. "Eddie had this set up at 7 o'clock in the morning. They (Richardson's aunts) got the papers signed by the kid. They didn't go do it at the school because they knew somebody at the school was going to screw it up. The fax machine wouldn't work, or they would have changed the signatures, all the things that go on in Pahokee (Fla.) now. The aunts took it over to a junior high, found a fax machine that worked and faxed them over to us at 7 o'clock, and I kept it in a drawer till their 1 o'clock press conference."

Kiffin also took aim at Alabama coach Nick Saban and suggested that Saban should "thank" new Tennessee assistant Lance Thompson for the Crimson Tide's No. 2-ranked class. Thompson was one of Saban's best recruiters at Alabama before leaving to join the Tennessee staff in January.

Thompson even got into the act and assured the crowd that Saban wasn't going to get another one of his players.

All I can say is, "Whew!"

That's a lot of talking for a guy who's never won a game in the SEC, let alone a championship.

You've got to love his confidence and his swagger. That's what you need to succeed in the SEC.

But he better be able to back it up on the field. After all, Meyer and Saban have combined to win three BCS national championships and four SEC championships.

And this much we know about Meyer: He's not one to let off the gas pedal.

Think he might save a few timeouts for the final seconds if the Gators get the Vols down in the Swamp next season?

BROWNING7WSM

GONetwork Member
I cant wait for the season to begin....LOL...This dude will become dehydrated with all the crying during the season...Will this guy ever shut up ???

badkarma

I hate TN. BAMA HUNTER and I live in the same part of the country and it is all Big Orange up here. Nasty devils. I hate Tn like you would not believe. People don't understand why we hate Vols worse than Auburn, but you would just need to read the paper here and listen to the only sport radio show Chattanooga has and you would be right on board within a couple of days. I hate TN. Nothing would please me more than to see his smug butt fall flat and do it early. Les Miles can join him. Like you said, big talk from a guy who has never played a game in the SEC. I think being confident is one thing, but stupid is a different story. I hate TN. did i mention that. Roll Tide, fellas. See you at A-day.

kevina

Banned
The river running through Knoxville has got to be over flood stage with all the classless crying Kiffen is doing up there. It is sickening.

greene_dawg

I can't stand Urban Meyer. I hate Florida. That said, Kiffin is acting like a little punk. I give him two years... I don't hear CMR saying, "yeah... that Kiffin flew to Memphis to recruit Brown on the day he was hired and still didn't get him..."

greene_dawg

Staff Report

Published: Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
Last Modified: Thursday, February 5, 2009 at 2:00 p.m.
University of Tennessee football coach Lane Kiffin is on video calling Urban Meyer a cheater Thursday morning.
At a recruiting celebration banquet, Kiffin bragged about getting Pahokee wide receiver Nu'Keese Richardson, who had verbally committed to the Gators.

Then, as recorded on a video from WVLT-TV in Knoxville, Tenn., Kiffin proceeds to publicly slam Meyer.

"This is a recruiting violation," Kiffin can be heard saying. "I'm going to turn Florida in right here in front of you."

He said that while Richardson was visiting Tennessee his cell phone kept ringing. A coach asked Richardson who it was and, in Kiffin's words, "He looks at his phone. He says, 'Urban Meyer.'

"Just so you know, when a recruit's on another campus, you can't call a recuit on another campus," Kiffin said. "I love the fact that Urban had to cheat and still didn't get him."

Tennessee spokeswoman Tiffany Carpenter told The Associated Press the school would not file an official complaint to the NCAA.

UF Athletic Director Jeremy Foley said no rule was broke. He called for a "public apology" from Kiffin.

"It is obvious that Coach Kiffin doesn't know that there is not a rule precluding phone contact with a prospect during an official visit on another campus during a contact period," Foley said in a prepared statement. "His allegations are inappropriate, out of line and, most importantly, totally false."

Statement from UF Athletic Director Jeremy Foley:
"There was no rule violation and we have confirmed this with Southeastern Conference. It is obvious that Coach Kiffin doesn't know that there is not a rule precluding phone contact with a prospect during an official visit on another campus during a contact period. His allegations are inappropriate, out of line and, most importantly, totally false. It is completely unfair to Urban Meyer, our coaching staff, our football program and our institution. The appropriate action at this time in my opinion is for Coach Kiffin to make a public apology. His comments not only slandered our coach, but he violated SEC rules by publicly criticizing another coach and institution."

Benhillcountyhunter

This is getting to be to much.:smash: I can't believe some of his comments to the public over the last few days. All he is doing is giving all of his rival schools poster board material for game day. Someone needs to put a muzzle on this guy. I guess Florida, Alabama, Georgia and whoever else he runs his mouth about is just going to have to take it out on Tennessee on the field. Wow, you win some you lose some, he is sure getting a big head very quick. I have news for him the SEC can humble one very quickly.

BAMA HUNTER

Man this dude is an Idiot!! I know im not the sharpest tool in the shed..but dang my face is red hearing all this crap!!
He reminds me of a teenage kid spouting off at the mouth and knows nothing of what he is saying..How do we even know that really was Urban Myer on the phone..he is a kid..he probably just said it was him to make himself look important to the Tenn. coaches..i cant wait to see what "Lame" is crying about next! .....IDIOT. DANG!!

p.s. and then he calls out Saban for letting Thompson recruit some players while he was working for Saban...What?? Idiot...somethings wrong with his brain!

sleeze

Urban did nothing wrong..............check it out.

Florida athletic director Jeremy Foley issued a statement Thursday afternoon in response to allegations by Tennessee's rookie football coach Lane Kiffin accusing Urban Meyer of breaking NCAA rules. Kiffin claimed that Meyer broke NCAA rules by calling Nu'Keese Richardson on his cell phone while Richardson was in Knoxville.

“There was no rule violation and we have confirmed this with Southeastern Conference. It is obvious that Coach Kiffin doesn’t know that there is not a rule precluding phone contact with a prospect during an official visit on another campus during a contact period. His allegations are inappropriate, out of line and, most importantly, totally false.

It is completely unfair to Urban Meyer, our coaching staff, our football program and our institution. The appropriate action at this time in my opinion is for Coach Kiffin to make a public apology. His comments not only slandered our coach, but he violated SEC rules by publicly criticizing another coach and institution.”

AccUbonD

LOL at the drama, I like it.If Urban wants to go behind kiffin's back and bad mouth him to recruits.Then I am in full support of kiffin and what is going on at the moment.

Gran and monte pulled off something yesterday that not to many coaches could do in a short time frame.Monte said he thought Nu'keese was the best player in the country and a game changer.I can't wait to see him in orange.

sleeze

LOL at the drama, I like it.If Urban wants to go behind kiffin's back and bad mouth him to recruits.Then I am in full support of kiffin and what is going on at the moment.

Gran and monte pulled off something yesterday that not to many coaches could do in a short time frame.Monte said he thought Nu'keese was the best player in the country and a game changer.I can't wait to see him in orange.

Its ALL good................Dont tug on Superman's cape, dont Swim in shark infested waters, dont pee in the wind, and dont mess with Meyer. Kiffin is pretty much setting him self up to get 40+ hung on him.

Gonna be fun watching Major Wright Blow up Nucheese........:stir:

Last edited:

ACguy

I thought Kiffin would turn Tenn around but he cant do it makiing everyone hate him. Meyer will not forget about this. I cant wait to see UF play Tenn now. I will be very surprised if Meyer does not have something for Kiffin in that game.

I wonder what the Vols fans think of Kiffin .

fairhopebama

I thought Kiffin would turn Tenn around but he cant do it makiing everyone hate him. Meyer will not forget about this. I cant wait to see UF play Tenn now. I will be very surprised if Meyer does not have something for Kiffin in that game.

I wonder what the Vols fans think of Kiffin .

I will tell you that the time outs that he pulled at the end of the GA-FL game are going to look like childs play compare to what TN will get from Meyer.:shoot::shoot:

fairhopebama

His comment about Saban will come back to get him too...