Lacy Fun Day/United Blood Trackers Event was a success!

Bkeepr

Just wanted to say thank you to all who came out whether you tested or just hung out and talked! Saw some GON members there (JJ Scarborough and Randy Vick) and met some new friends too. We had lots of fun watching JJ and Randy work their dogs on water retrieves. You guys should put together a book of your most memorable tracks and adventures.

We owe our greatest thanks to the two guys that helped our UBT judges, Ricky Sides and Burton Leonard. They rode people, dogs and the judges out to run their tracks, they laid the tracks, they put down deer hides. Burton has a game processing place up in North Carolina and supplied us with all of our deer blood and hides.

We also owe a big thanks to Shayne Goddard and the Georgia Sheriff's Association for allowing us to use the property. They do good works for neglected and abandoned children.

We had many dog/handler teams pass including my Lacy dog Pearl and I on UBT II. We also had some fails (my Lacy dog Chip and I on UBT I...I messed him up). If you passed, congratulations! If you failed yet your dog has been on successful deer tracks, don't feel bad and beat yourself up! Sometimes that's just the way it is. A dry, dusty afternoon with the sun beating down and the wind gusting and changing direction..can be hard on a dog.

davidhelmly

Hey Bk, Cindy and I were there with our rescue (Savoy) on Friday and although it was a long and fairly warm day it was fun for all, what a bunch of super nice people and some beautiful dogs there too!

Congratulations to Cindy and our dog Savoy on passing the UBT I on Friday morning and then they passed the UBT II that same afternoon. I went with them on the second test and with the warm weather and wind I wasn't sure how it would turn out but they both shined! With savoy being a rescue and having a super timid personality we weren't really sure how she would deal with strange dogs and also people but she did ok and and I think she had fun too.

There was a lot of work to putting that all together so thank you to everyone involved! :cheers: :cheers:

Bkeepr

Maybe next year ya'll can stay longer and spend more time with us, everyone loves the cabins and the FOOD. We ate very well, deer hog and bear plus sides. Congratulations on Savoy!