Deer camp 2020 bucks n hogs

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Hope y'all are havin a great season! With the awesome pictures on the forum so far it's clear many are havin a lotta success!!! Here's some November pics from our camp!

So my Son did online hunters safety course at the end of this summer. He was so excited to hunt a stand by himself. Our 1st trip to the club this fall he goes to the turnaround stand and gets a nice 8 point on his first hunt ever on his own.
20201030_200355_resized.jpg

He thought he was Mr cool so my wife n I put him ta bustin farwood so he could warm up
20201024_172457_resized.jpg

The next weekend we go down into a spot we call "the ditch". I was gonna sit in the stand and my Son was gonna go in the blind at the bottom of the drainage. He had some hogs in the way so he blasted a good eatin size one!
20201107_064643_resized.jpg

He wanted to make breakfast sausage links so we gave it a go. Stuffing links would be a 1st for me and my wife too. They turned out great!! I ordered the maple breakfast sausage mix and the sheep casings straight from LEM website.
20201112_171237_resized.jpg
20201112_201511_resized.jpg

Shot a nice 8 with my daughter a couple weeks ago. She had been huntin with me so much this year! We been havin fun and seein lots of deer. We had seen probably four or five nice 8 pointers over November and passed. We had one giant rut buck run a doe through our spot on one of those foggy mornins a few weeks ago and I couldn't get a clean shot to save my life!! That was the only monster buck we'd seen. The week after we saw two nice 8's on Saturday mornin. My daughter still got up to go with me Sunday mornin and when this very nice 8 walked down the drain I could tell she was ready to get a deer and she wanted this one. I admit I was ready too!!! When I aimed at him and took safety off she was all excited right away!! I knew I made great shot on him and it was one of the BEST HUNTS EVER!!
20201122_085041_resized.jpg

I tried to teach her to watch where he goes. Teaching her to remember where he was standing when shot and where the last place you saw him and which direction he was movin. She was very excited but I was tryin to teach too!!
20201122_092747_resized.jpg

She led the track and found him with ease!
She named him "bubbles" cause lung air bubbles would foam out his bullet hole when she pushed on his ribs.
20201122_094224_resized.jpg

Her very nice brother came and helped her drag it to the loggin rd so we could get it to gut pile pines!
20201122_094605_resized.jpg

She's a cool daughter. She'll be covered in buck blood one minute, then go make deer camp flower arrangements later. And smile all day!
20201205_124848_resized.jpg

Good luck everyone!!!
I hope December brings us all a great time in the deer woods!!!
Keep the pics comin everyone!!

sea trout

2021 Turkey Challenge Winner 2022 biggest turkey ?
Boys don't stand a chance!
20201024_202808_resized.jpg

Camp food is always better!
20201107_193543_resized.jpg

I didn't invision how much 25lbs of links would be when we took on this project
20201117_002207_resized.jpg

Not camp related but I went to bass pro to get some new parts and just had a laugh at this warning label.... I mean .... WHO KEEPS CUTTING AT THIS POINT!!!!! AHHHH HA HA HAHA
20201021_093550_resized.jpg

DSGB

Y'all are having a great season! Congrats on the nice bucks and pig!

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic season - way to go ya'll!

Buford_Dawg

Great post Chad and a terrific season for you and your family. Reminds me very much of how my boys and wife joined me most weekends in deer camp in their younger days.

bany

Y’all are living the life! Awesome! Congratulations on having it all together!